cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Re: Home Essentials Package Order Issue

Me too.....I've been trying for 7 weeks to change to Home Essentials and they keep telling me there's a fault but they don't know what.

They're also threatening to charge me £30 because I have returned the wifi disc back yet from the old contract, but as I keep saying I'm still on the old contract and paying for it, so I'm not duty bound to return it, until they do their side of the contract and change me over to Home Essentials.

I'm out of pocket each day, they're not sorting this. I don't know what to do anymore. No one ever rings me back.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators, who may offer to help, when everything else has been tried.

Try calling 0330 1234 150

You can message BT using the "message us" links on the help pages. That is usually effective.

https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I have told them to take away my land phone, as I never use it. I have a mobile phone with someone completely different, so I have no phone with them at all. 

I just want the Home Essentials broadband, that's it.

If I was upgrading, it's done within 24 hours, bug downgrading is impossible.

I've been in touch with the Ombudsman today, who said after 8 weeks (1 more week), they will take on my case.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @LindaD,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry you haven't been able to order the Home Essentials. Send me your details and we can take a look at what's happening with your order.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

This is a problem in the BT system , there system will not allow you to downgrade.  Tried going from Halo to Standard 900 not possible.

Came to following conclusion,

Cancel you service, you need to give them 30 days notice, after 30 days request a new service and you will get a new customer deal.

Yes you may loose service for a day or two.

Move to an alternative supplier., which may be the same service just through a different supplier. No loss of service.

0 Ratings