cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Re: line slammed

Almost exactly the  same thing is happening to me right now. I've made seven long phone calls to BT after receiving emails, text and letter telling me on three occasions that someone ( who I now know to be Sky) was trying to take over my landline and so I keep having to cancel/block this. I was told on Monday by BT that the order to Sky was definitely cancelled. For peace of mind I decided to ring today to check and lo and behold the order is classed as 'open' leaving the landline vulnerable to the lost to us. I've just made an official complaint to Ofcom but not holding my breath. Latest is that I may lose my landline/broadband of thirty three years on Tuesday 24th.  Angry and frustrated by a saga that's been going round in circles for two weeks and is definitely not of my making.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

@PatriciaAnne1 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

I will ask a moderator to help with this.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

AFAIK, your line cannot permanently be marked  as ‘do not migrate ’ , so if ( in this case Sky ) get an order to migrate a line and either they mis-identify the address , or the wannabe Sky customer gives the wrong address , then the process starts , if you are notified, and follow the procedure to stop it , what can happen, is the Sky customer, when told their order was ‘cancelled by Openreach ‘ , or ‘cancelled by BT’ , they simply raise a new order, and the process starts again, you would hope that either the customer or Sky would  double check they have the right details, but that doesn’t seem to be the case , and in the case of somebody being malicious, double checking wouldn’t help.

Because Ofcom want the process to be gaining provider led , unlike the old system where the customer had to get a MAC ( migration authorisation code ) , from the provider they wanted to leave , this kind of problem isn’t unforeseen, but considered worth the risk by the regulators 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the advice. I know for sure that the problem is coming from the property adjacent to us which we own and rent out -the tenants said they have spoken to Sky themselves as this is obviously causing a delay for them too.  I just can't understand why the previous tenant had Sky at the property for almost five years, without any problems for herself or us, so this has come as a big surprise. Obviously an error somewhere when new tenants applied for Sky and we just need to find out where which doesn't appear to be as easy as it sounds. BT are now looking into it and calling me back tomorrow so will go from there.

0 Ratings