cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Recontracting to avoid the March 31st 2023 Price rise?

@allanraymond  I think I've got my head around the Line Rental Saver by thinking about it as a loan to BT:-

I "lend" BT <> £215 - £219.84 by giving them this amount up front (the price is depending on where you read/hear)
BT then pay the "loan" back to me as a credit on my monthly bill at £19.99 a month for 12 months = £239.88 paid back.

The <> £20 "interest benefit" that I get for providing them the "loan" equates to about an <> 8% return over 12 months.
This is a better percentage return than I can get even from putting it in an ISA, so it's a no brainer.

It's easier if I don't think about it being related to the combined packages/line rental/price increases/add ons or anything else B.T. related at all.

Message 12 of 19

Spot on with your thoughts.

Message 13 of 19

As said on previous forum posts the sooner BT change the name of LRS or better still scrap it and save all the confusion the better 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 14 of 19

I re contracted yesterday, online at same price....the bumf you get in email says 31 March .......does not mention the year the next cpi increase takes effect from....it says that it increases each year...."charges will change on or after 31 March every year by......"

Also, the re contract process seems to take no account , that, that,  is what you are doing even though it was in my offers page online...Im getting an expert visit, Tuesday to set me up, when i am already set up...Im on the full fibre 500 package. I will still be on it.....

Did phone to stop the unnecessary visit but was like speaking to a brick wall....The engineer will phone me days before, "you can tell him"......Well it will have to be today as he is coming on Tuesday....LOL

Message 15 of 19

@marco806 

I eventually found the post from a moderator confirming that anyone re-contracting after the 1st March 2023 would not be affected by the price rise scheduled for 31st March 2023.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Renewed-and-still-showing-a-price-increase-from-31st-Marc...

Might be worth book marking/screen-shotting just in case something goes awry & you get hit.  🙂

Message 16 of 19

Phoned a helpful lady on Saturday who cancelled the visit and confirmed that there would no potential price increase until March 2024.

I see no reason why I cannot do this year on year to avoid high inflation increases... albeit bt tie you into ridiculous 2 year contracts..

Message 17 of 19

I called the retention team and the only offer was to keep the current price. Im going to hold out and see what deals are around nearer to the end of contract as I have less than a year to run.

Re-contracting doesn’t make sense in my case because BT are currently quoting me £40.99 for Fibre 900 (no digital phone line) if I was a new customer on their web site . A non BT deal for 900 up/down for £35 with a phone line. Not sure if these are regional offers but they’re certainly competitive and a good bit better than I’m paying now,

Message 18 of 19

You may find that the offers you get now and the ones you are offered near the end of your contract may not be as good.

As I found out other week after holding off back in mid January when I was offered a better deal than I was nearer the end of my BT FTTC contract.

So I about to switch to Sky Broadband with there Sky Broadband Boost service in next few days.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Re: Recontracting to avoid the March 31st 2023 Price rise

Very true, no one knows and maybe it will be more expensive later on. On balance, in my case, saving the rise just isn’t enough for me to sign up to BT for another 24m when we now have the option of multiple FTTP providers.