cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Since November 1st we have had no landline and our broadband is very slow. Will we receive a refund against the period of downtime and poor broadband?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Refund

Go to solution

@ken-sherwood 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Try calling 0330 1234 150

I assume you have reported the fault?

See https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/automatic-compensation

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks Keith but I did notice on some that a BT rep replied. The whole area has been out since the storm and we’ve had around 10 Open Reach vans trying to fix it. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

If Openreach declare MBORC (Matters Beyond Our Reasonable Control), then that can pause any compensation.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @ken-sherwood,

I'm sorry that we haven't been able to get you connected back up yet.

Please make sure that you have reported this to us so we have a fault logged for you on our systems showing the total loss of service for your telephone service. We credit for total loss of service. You can read more about that here: Automatic Compensation

It also explains when you wouldn't be entitled to it.

Providing you reported this as a fault to us, you should get paid the Automatic Compensation within 30 days of the fault being fixed.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks Daniel - I reported it last week and again today to get the latest update 

IMG_5011.jpeg

IMG_5010.png

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @ken-sherwood, thanks for confirming the fault has been reported and sorry for the delay in getting it repaired. You'll get compensation within 30 days of the fault getting fixed as per the link @Keith_Beddoe posted earlier.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Many Thanks John

0 Ratings