cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Remove VIP Package from my Account

Go to solution

I ordered the VIP package last November and  subsequently cancelled my order within the hour.  This was a consequence of Sky reducing my current monthly charge when I asked to cancel   Despite frequent conversations with BT, the VIP package is still shown as one of the products in my account.  Although I am not being charged by BT I am still receiving repeated requests to activate Netflix as part of my VIP package.

Any advice would be welcome as to how I can get BT to delete VIP from my account?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Remove VIP Package from my Account

Go to solution

@cipfa78wrote:

Although I am not being charged by BT I am still receiving repeated requests to activate Netflix as part of my VIP package.

Any advice would be welcome as to how I can get BT to delete VIP from my account?

You have what's known as a DI (Data Integrity) issue, even though you quickly cancelled the order, parts of it completed, the remnants are why you're getting emails to activte parts but not being charged.

It's an easy fix, ring 0330 1234 150 and speak with the connections team, if they can't fix over the phone, they'll refer it offline, you won't need to spend any further time dealing with it 🙂

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Very helpful. Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @cipfa78 and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're still receiving emails etc. @-Richie- is correct. Give 150 a call and they'll put things right.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I rang BT and they did indeed remove the cancelled VIP package from my account .  I have also returned my unopened and unwanted  BT Pro Box.  Unfortunately in addition to VIP, they removed BT Sport from my package even though I was in contract until November 2023.  My account also shows that my "broadband contract period has now ended" , this was also was due to end in November 2023!

I did ring BT immediately and was told that in order to reactivate BT Sport, I had to agree to a new 2 year contract though they did say I could leave early without penalty. 

In the circumstances could I consider terminating both broadband  and BT Sport without penalty, as my account shows the original contract term having ended?  BT confirm that the information in my account is correct.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @cipfa78,

I am sorry for the problems you've had trying to get this all sorted.

Without seeing your account myself I can't guarantee that you could leave without penalty for both BT Sport and BT Broadband. If the team you have been speaking with are happy to remove the contract term I would suggest asking them about it.

If you would like me to check it out for you, let me know and I'll send you a private message.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the offer of checking it out for me.

I have spoken to number of teams over the last two days, one call lasted over 2 hours! 

Any help would be welcome.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

You are very welcome @cipfa78.

I've sent you a private message with some details that we need. It will take us until early next week before we can go over everything with you. Once we pick it up, we will call you but do our best to keep it short for you.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings