cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 26

Re: Renewed and still showing a price increase from 31st March

Go to solution

TimCurtis

You are in a similar position as me. I renewed my contract on 1 March for a further 24 months even though I had quite a long period left on my existing contract. I recontracted for the same package and the same price on the basis doing this you would avoid the price increase (as reported a number of times on this forum) . The proof of the pudding will be when I get my April bill. when I should find out if I have egg on my face for recontracting when there was no need to do so.

It does seem as if BT makes it up a little if they advised you the avoidance action only works if recontracting 4 to 6 months before contract ends this is contrary to what has been advised on this forum?

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 26

Go to solution

Hi, I renewed my contract on the 07/03/2023. I looked on the community forums and it said the price rise wouldn’t take affect if I upgraded after the 1st but my contract has been increased.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 26

Go to solution

Hi @Jauger87   We’re you out of minimum term contract on the 7th March?

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 26

Go to solution
I think my contract was ending 29th April
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 26

Go to solution
As mentioned in an earler post on this thread I renewed my contact on 1 March. I can now confirm I wasn't subjected to the price increase even though I had quite a long period left on the previous contact.
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 26

Go to solution