cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Renewing Contract

Go to solution

I am coming up for my renewal of Broadband service.  I go to the site I am instructed to and it gives my current package.  This says I currently get a speed of 12 mbps and this is offered for my new contract with a guarantee of 9mbps.  This is not true - I currently am on 23mbps with a guarantee of 15mbps.  I have tried phoning but can't get through.

Does anyone know what is going on?  12mbps is no use to me.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Renewing Contract

Go to solution

have you had connection problems recently where your connection speed dropped.  the speed is normally based on your connection but if you were able to get a higher speed then you will get as fast as your line can handle whatever the BY quote shows

try phoning retentions team 08007831401

try entering phone or address and post results  this will show what is a available including full fibre  include the notes

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks - I understand what you are saying.  And tried that number but there is a 30 minute queue.

And I never had heard of UPRN before but found what mine was - BT says clean download is 28mbps and low is 20mbps which ties in with what I said in my post.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

As @imjolly alludes to, renewing shouldn't have any impact on the speed you currently get. However, BT will certainly use the reduced figure should you have any issues. Claiming that you've always had 20Mb will get you nowhere if you agree a new contract guaranteeing only 10Mb.

Have a look at competitors & see if they offer the "proper" speed. If they do, you then need to make a judgement call.

0 Ratings