cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Retention deal offered over phone

I was considering leaving BT as my bills are so high and I really need to make some savings at the moment. I spoke to a member of retentions in Swansea this morning. He offered me a very good deal. The email has come through showing a much higher price than he quoted. I was still on the phone to him when the email came through, he said to ignore the price on the email as it would be adjusted later. He said he has to put it through the system as a one off deal. He said he wasn’t able to email me the adjustment as he doesn’t have the facility to do this.

I feel uncomfortable about it now, not having the deal in writing. I’m considering cancelling and switching to another provider as I don’t want to end up being charged the full amount and being tied into another 24 month contract at this price. Can anyone advise if this is usual??

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Retention deal offered over phone

I've certainly experienced similar, offered a deal on the phone that has turned out to be fictional. I suspect that there is a financial incentive for reps to get customers recontracted & some will offer you the moon on a stick to achieve that. So as far as I'm concerned with BT, if it's not in black & white it doesn't exist.

I'd go back to retentions & give them the option of confirming the deal you agreed on the phone in an email or cancelling.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi @CT9,

I am so sorry for any confusion that was caused between the email and the adviser.

I'd like to look into this for you and see if I can get you the price that you were offered without needing to place two separate orders to get that deal. Depending on what I find, I will be contacting the advisers Manager to feed this back.

I've sent you a private message with some details that I need before we can pick this up for you.

Thanks
DanielS

Message 4 of 6

@DanielS 

Could I be cheeky & ask you see if you can shed any light on this while your in retentions mode please?

Message 5 of 6

@rbz5416 wrote:

@DanielS 

Could I be cheeky & ask you see if you can shed any light on this while your in retentions mode please?

I had asked for clarification. Due to having a memory like a hen I forgot to check back if the moderators had clarified. I have asked them again to clarify regarding your thread. Hopefully they will respond this time.

Message 6 of 6

Thanks Daniel. I’ve replied to your message. Really hope you can help.