Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Return equipment charge, no proof of postage

Go to solution

Hello everybody. 

Hopefully someone could help

I am being charged for not returning equipment, I have sent but cannot find my proof of postage.

In mid October our internet went down. I contacted BT about this who initially told me just to give it some time. A second phone call was made to them to which they said the signal was fine and it must be the modem. I went through all the recommended steps, nothing worked. Whilst I am not a professional I do have about average skill when it comes to technology and equipment so on the third call I made I explained how it wasn't the hub however the call taker was adamant it was and even offered for me to buy a cheap one as a stand in from Argos untill the new one he arranged arrived. As part of this he offered to refund the cost.

Having installed the modem/router I bought from Argos there was still no success despite me having spent a few hours altering the settings

On day 4 the new hub arrived but that very morning the old one was working again. This resulted in me not opening the new one and just sending it straight back.

I have spoken to a call taker and asked if they track the serial numbers of the equipment they send out as it may be they are expecting my original Hub which I didn't send back as it was working, I just returned the new sealed one as I didn't need it. Does anyone know if they do record such things?

Admittedly the loss of the proof of postage is my fault but it does leave somewhat of a sour taste that I had days without internet and during that period was provided with the wrong advice on numerous occasions, spent my own time going buying a  stand in piece of equipment on the suggestion of BT staff which ultimately was pointless as it was never the Hub which was the issue. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Return equipment charge, no proof of postage

Go to solution

you can phone CS 03301234150 or you can try Billing  https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt/account-and-billing/broadband and see if they can help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply

I have already tried this but they won't budge without the proof of postage. They suggested the post office could have a record which I found doubtful as the return to them is not special delivery. I did however give it a shot but as I thought they do t record such things

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

How was it posted back. Did you use a BT returns bag or did you parcel it up your self and put a covering note in with it?

If it was a BT returns bag, they have a bar code and when the item is received by BT it should be scanned into the BT system which would obviously show the item as returned on the BT systems.

Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

It was a bt returns bag. They sent me a bag for the old hub so I just put the new sealed one in it and returned that

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Thank you so much. I really appreciate the help

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Yes, going by my own experience the equipment is identified upon return by its serial number.

You could ask CS if they have a record of the replacement they supplied and ask them to check if they have received that serial back but I'm thinking that's a bit of a long shot

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply

I did this earlier to which they stated they didn't have such information which I found hard to believe as it would be open to abuse 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Scootey,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry if you've been charged for the equipment that you've returned to BT. If you send me your details, I'll see if there is any way to trace that return. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy