cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Return of Smart Hub

Go to solution

Hi,

I've just upgraded my BT package which included a new Smart Hub 2. I've been sent some packaging to return my old Smart Hub, but I'd like to keep it to use as a dedicated 5ghz wifi connection for my Quest 2 VR headset.

I've had this old hub since before the T's & C's changed in 2019 from "owning" to "renting" the equipment. I've read on these forums that someone may be able to cancel the request for return, so maybe someone could help?

I only ask here as I've literally had 5 hours sorting out various problems (that have been beyond my control) with the broadband package and mobile phones. I've been passed back and forth between BT and EE all day. I really can't face more time on the phone at the moment.

I would like to add the guys that have been dealing with me have all been great, my frustration is not with them, just the amount of time I've wasted today with things being "lost" in the post.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Paul.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Return of Smart Hub

Go to solution

The packaging is sent out automatically in response to BT's obligation to provide recycling for old equipment. If you have had the old hub since before 2019, there is no need to return it. Just ignore the returns request.

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @pitkin,

What @licquorice says is right. 

We did make some changes to our Terms & Conditions on 13 December 2019, meaning that BT Hubs and BT TV boxes are being loaned to you. So if you joined us or have renewed your contract on or after this date, you’ll be charged for not returning equipment to us.

We can stop the reminders being sent to you but we wouldn't be able to until next week. Would you like me to send you a private message to arrange it?

Thank you
DanielS

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi  @licquorice & @DanielS 

Thanks for the responses.

If you could PM me, it would be much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @pitkin, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've sent you over a PM now so you can get help with this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @pitkin, thanks for getting in touch with me and I've marked the hub as returned now for you 🙂

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@JohnC2 Thanks for your help, much appreciated 🙂

0 Ratings