cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Signed up twice for an Xbox subscription

Exactly the same thing has now happened to me - TWICE.

I never signed up for the Xbox Game Pass but got an email around 27/11/23 to say I had! I called up immediately and was told that it was a BT error - but no-one could explain how or why it came about.

I was then subsequently billed for the erroneous 'subscription' on my next bill, was told it would be refunded, and that it wouldn't happen again. I then got an email saying the subscription would not auto renew on 25/12/23.

Today (28/12/23) I get an email (same text as previous original) saying I'd activated an xbox game pass subscription and it would auto renew on 28/1/24 !!!.

I called up again - still no-one still knew why it happened last time or now this - other than "it's a system issue". This time I was told that a charge would not appear on my bill in January and the product would be 'cancelled off my account completely' on 28 Jan 24.

I spent 2 hours 31 minutes on the phone being pushed from pillar to post by 'guides' who appear to have no idea what is going on, or any will to find out, or to resolve matters.

I have absolutely no confidence that things will be any different this time round, and I fully expect to be charged and will have to call up... ...again.

BT is repeatedly breaching its contract by repeatedly charging for services I have not signed up to.

Beware anyone else in this situation. 

For info, this message cc'd to @JohnC2 and @pollenpath 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Signed up twice for an Xbox subscription

Hi @xmarksthespot

Thank you for your posts and welcome back!  I have moved this post to create your own discussion as the thread you had posted on has already been marked as solved.

I am sorry for the problems you're having with the Xbox Game Pass subscription.  I understand from your comments that you believe you did not sign up for the game pass.  We can pick up from here and investigate.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Signed up twice for an Xbox subscription

Thank you for creating a separate thread.

'Got signed up for xbox subscription without my knowledge' is a more accurate summary of my issue.

I have no interest in gaming and have never used an xbox. Neither has the other person in our household.

I have sole access in my household to my BT account and I have two-factor authentication in place. BT have so far told me that both occasions are because it is their system issue, and there has been no security breach of my login.

Anyway, I will respond to your private message. Thank you for taking an interest.

p.s. to give other readers context here is the original post that is similar to my issue:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Apparently-I-signed-up-for-an-Xbox-Game-Pass-news-to-me/t...

0 Ratings