cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: Smart Hub Plus or Asus AX11000 router?

Not so, you are confusing analogue phone service versus DV rather than DV via copper or fibre.

Every post I have seen in the forum regarding attempting to cease DV has resulted in cessation of broadband. It is a big bone of contention on the forum. Have you got this in writing?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 24

Well we will find out in the next few weeks

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 24

Indeed we will. Happy to be proved wrong.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

Hi @Cliffycliff,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you've been given conflicting information. This is a question that we have seen a few times in the Community.

We did raise this with the Digital Voice team. Here is the answer we got - Re: Post Full Fibre Switching to SIP 

"If you port your Digital Voice number to an SIP VOIP provider, then this will in fact place a cease against your broadband service with us. My advice would be to contact our Value team and they can discuss moving you to a broadband-only service which will then allow you to port your number to a new VOIP provider."

Thanks

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 24

@PaddyB  I see the original post from your linked thread is a few months old. I just phoned BT again 3rd time now and again was assured that moving my home number from Digital Voice to a new provider would not cease my internet service.

The only issue i am going to have is that i cannot currently move broadband to EE as i have BT sport, the operator assured me that that should change pre xmas though

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 24

@Cliffycliff 

I look forward to your update but currently if you have a broadband and phone contract then ceasing either part will terminate that existing contract and require you to establish a new contract for broadband only

as I said before customers wanting to move phone part is being requested more and more  and sooner BT make a facility available the better

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 17 of 24

@PaddyB  @imjolly  @licquorice After arranging for the number for my digital voice to be ported from BT to a VOIP provider i did get a email from BT a couple days later confirming the day my number would port and that my Digital Voice and Internet would Cease.

I called BT to query this as i had been told that this would not be the case, the operator spoke to their line manager and their line manager confirmed that as i have FTTP i would NOT lose internet service.

Well today was the day and i can confirm that my number has successfully ported to my new VOIP provider and my internet is still working at full speed. Very pleased, everything went smoothly and i no longer have to tolerate BT's rubbish equipment!

Message 18 of 24

Thanks for update

Good to know that it is now possible to port phone to another provider but keep FTTP connection with BT

Was there any mention of starting a new contract - maybe check in MYBT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 24

@imjolly  Doesn't appear that a new contract was started, they did offer me Whole Home at no extra charge but turned it down as once i can move my Broadband and Sport to EE (December apparently) i will move to EE

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

@Cliffycliff 

Thanks for update again

So it seems that if you have FTTP and digital voice you can port your number to a  VOIP provider and it does terminate your contract. However if you then contact BT and explain only porting number BT have allowed you to continue your existing FTTP contract as broadband only.

Was there any reduction for now broadband only or just maintain existing monthly cost

0 Ratings