cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Step Father moved into care home

Hi, after coming across this help forum I realise that I am not alone with this problem. My step father is a stroke survivor and until December 2023 was living in council run independent living accommodation, with minimal care staff. Unfortunately his health then deteriorated and since February has been in a nursing home. BT have flatly refused to cancel his TV and broadband package without being able to speak directly to him. I have tried to explain that this is not possible and if it were, it's unlikely they could understand what he was saying.  I have been told I need Power of Attorney. I have applied for this, but anyone that's done the same knows this can take months. After the care home fees are taken from his pension, he is left with £39 per month. BT continue to take £62 per month for a service at an address he no longer lives at. This is so wrong!

Please, is there anyone here that can help with this? It's only a matter of time before his bank account is completely drained.

Many thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Step Father moved into care home

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Message 3 of 5

I have asked forum mods who are BT employees to see if the can help  they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 5

Thank you very much

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @MarkRM and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear your step father is unwell. I can help with the account side of things. Please check your inbox for my message and drop me over the details.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings