cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21

Switching from BT to Ee

Go to solution

I’m being offered a chance to switch from BT Full Fibre to EE, by EE and not BT, as I’ve still got over 12months of my current contract with BT, will I need to pay early exit fees to BT, even though BT & EE are technically one and the same. 

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: Switching from BT to Ee

Go to solution

If you move from BT to EE there is no cancellation charges applied. This is covered previously in the forum posts

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 21

Go to solution

BT DID request nearly £900 for me to switch to EE, so I've cancelled the EE order, as the switch was due to take place on the 14th March.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution
Unfortunately, although a switch from BT to EE is current BT policy for residential customers, and should be free of charge even if still in contract with BT, the left hand doesn't seem to know what the right hand is doing, and some customers that switch are being charged early cancellation fees.
The BT to EE transition for residential customers doesn't seem to have been properly thought through by BT.
The best approach is to refuse all such offers until BT/EE have sorted themselves out.
Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

@imjolly 

I'm not convinced anyone from BT or EE really knows the correct answer to that question.

I moved our mobile phone service from BT to EE just a few weeks ago, no problem with that as we were out of contract.

I received a follow-up call a couple of days later from EE asking if I had thought about moving my broadband as well and offering to pay any cancellation charges up to a limit (£300 rings a bell) and I would have lost my existing discounts, all in all a 'deal' which would have seen me significantly out of pocket had I been daft enough to go for it.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution

Just to add to the confusion pot, I’ve just received an Email & a text message from EE stating the equipment needed for the switchover has been despatched. 

And included in both were tracking numbers for Royal Mail. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 21

Go to solution

@Les-Gibson wrote:

@imjolly 

I'm not convinced anyone from BT or EE really knows the correct answer to that question.

I am sure that my information is correct as it came from a BT employee who is well informed on the subject.  However like many things just now the CS service staff handling the calls don't have all the information and the sooner EE/BT sort out the switching process the better.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Moving-Broadband-from-BT-to-EE/m-p/2343310#M164917

I cannot name my source as it was a private communication

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution

@imjolly 

I don't doubt your sources, it's just a shame that those in CS in both BT and EE seem to be singing from a multitude of different hymn sheets.

A little bit of co-ordination would be nice but I won't hold my breath waiting

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution

I pay 39.99 per month for 500.......thats still too much btw, given i have 7 city fibre providers in my area.

anyway, got the email re price increase, and telling me to phone EE to get lots of savings...

guess what ,best deal on EE is 500 at £44.99.

i have an offer currently on mybt for 900 at £44.99.

utterly shambolic way to do business, feel sorry for the staff who basically see the offers that appear on their computer.

btw, best deal on cityfibre for me currently is £29 for 900, and all 7 providers are cheaper than EE/BT....

i can only assume lots of old folk are blindy paying EE/BT much more than they really should be as BT/EE never

become competitive in the  market....Methinks they dont need to....due to customer base that on the whole are

blissfully unaware that they are overpaying.

btw, mate in Italy get 2.6 for 21 euro per month.......ponder that..

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution

I think I may have finally sorted the mess, I phoned EE and they said there was a problem with my bill, which was stopping the switch, even though I'd paid it the minute the message came through.

So I phoned BT and got someone else and he said there wasn't a problem with my bill as the account was up to date, and when I explained to him what I'd be trying to do, because I'd been having offers to move from BT to EE he had another look and said the order had gone through, and he said if I do get any exit charges, which I shouldn't do, give them a phone back and see what has gone wrong.

The next 10 days is going to be a testing time, as the switch over is due to take place on the 14th March, with the final bill from BT, 24 Hours later.

0 Ratings