cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Switching to BT but old service is out of sync

hi all,

i want to join BT in the coming months as i am leaving Sky but need some advice. I really want to take up one of the current promotions but my tv deal expires after my broadband so can i split the BT deal to get the broadband to start earlier?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Switching to BT but old service is out of sync

@savo456 

As Sky TV s delivered by satellite, moving your broadband service to BT Retail, is not going to affect that. BT TV uses your TV aerial and broadband connection.

To move to BT, you simply place your order with BT, and they will inform Sky that they are taking over your broadband connection. The exception to this, would be if you are getting full fibre from BT, in which case you need to cancel Sky once your BT Fibre connection is working.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Thanks Keith. So its best for me to place an order with BT to take over the tv when that contract expires as that is the latest (between sky tv and sky broadband)?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

BT can takeover the phone line if you have ADSL (copper broadband) or FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet), place your order and Sky will notify you that another provider wants to takeover, let that happen and the switch completes.

BT can not cancel your TV or Sky mobile (if applicable), you would have to give Sky 30 days notice to terminate the service.

Message 5 of 9

@savo456 wrote:

Thanks Keith. So its best for me to place an order with BT to take over the tv when that contract expires as that is the latest (between sky tv and sky broadband)?

BT do not takeover Sky satellite TV, they have their own TV service with different content. Its up to you when you cancel your Sky TV, you may want to wait until BT TV is working, so you do not lose TV content.

Message 6 of 9

Appreciate the advice from everyone, thanks

Is it possible to take a full package deal with BT and then start the broadband part of it in say March and then the tv side of it in April? Does BT do that sort of thing or do i have to just take it all there and then?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

@savo456wrote:

Is it possible to take a full package deal with BT and then start the broadband part of it in say March and then the tv side of it in April? Does BT do that sort of thing or do i have to just take it all there and then?

Not really you run the risk of things going wrong, place your order with BT when you're ready to switch, the line and broadband will take 10-14 days to takeover/transfer from Sky, the BTTV starts when you receive the box and have BT broadband active, although you do get app/online access within a few hours.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

You could add BT TV to your BT Broadband afterwards, but you may lose out on special pricing.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

As @Keith_Beddoe says, taking broadband on its own then adding BT TV at a later date once your Sky TV has ended is an option. Worth noting that when you add BT TV your broadband will be re-contracted for 24 months so that both your broadband and TV contracts ends at the same time

0 Ratings