cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Switching to Home Essentials for Existing Customers

Go to solution

A few questions about switching to Home Essentials. 

I'm a disabled BT customer, and signed up to an extended Fibre 1 contract when I signed up to BT Sport when I was in hospital last year. I've only just found out about Home Essentials, and could do with saving some money as I'm on benefits and everything is so expensive these days. 

I seem to be stuck in a long contract until December 2023 though. Is it possible to switch to this cheaper tariff before then? Also, will I still get BT Wifi hotspots, and please reassure me it won't affect my BT Sport!

Also, when it says one or two devices, is this due to speed or is there some cap on how many connections there are?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Switching to Home Essentials for Existing Customers

Go to solution

check here that you are eligible for home essentials and if you are then phone CS 150 or 0800800150 from mobile and you should be able to change to Essentials

https://www.bt.com/exp/broadband/home-essentials?s_cid=con_bt_dg-home_awin_aff_vidAJM_110483-Editori...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: Switching to Home Essentials for Existing Customers

Go to solution

Hi, @WelshSportsFan welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Yes, you can transfer to the Home essentials plan before your current contract finishes. BT wifi Hotspots are still accessible and you're able to have a BT Sport add-on running alongside the Home Essentials tariff.

There are no limits to how many devices you can connect, I believe that statement is to do with the 36Mb maximum speed of the slower package. 

Thanks

Neil