cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

The 'Returning of Equipment' fiasco

Go to solution

Hi there,

Could anyone please tell me why it's such a fiasco trying to return equipment? Despite BTs threat of being fined etc, there is no button to press to get a returns bag and you are given the run around try to get them to send one out.

Eventually a 'bag' has arrived.  It's just a flimsy white bin bag type thing with no protection for anything I might put inside. My Hub / Router and PSU will likely get damaged or even smashed to smithereens if I used this bag. 

Are BT actually serious about re-using old equipment or not?  When they originally sent out the router it was highly protected in a carboard box.

I'm baffled and just wonder if the 'returns system' that BT have tried to invoke is just a way of automatically fining everyone £50.00 for non return when they give up with the system.   

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: The 'Returning of Equipment' fiasco

Go to solution

I think you will find that you are expected to save and store the highly protected carboard box for eventualities such as this.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Where does it say customers returning equipment need to put them in the original box or an alternative box? The BT page I have just looked at says put the items in the bag  no mention of any sort of packaging

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I'm fairly sure your use of the word ' fiasco' is likely to be pretty accurate.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
It's a farce, I have returned equipment that was requested and still it shows as not being returned. I have given up now, and not going to waste any more time on trying to get a correct ans3wer from BT. Good luck with yours.
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @AlanC4 and thanks for posting.

Sorry your equipment hasn't been marked as returned. I can sort that out for you. I'll drop you over a message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks for your help-now resolved
0 Ratings