cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Think Openreach Issue??

My mother has been with BT since she moved to her property in mid 1980s, when she moved there my father was given a different postcode by the developer, BT registered the number to the old Postcode and because of this my mother can not move to a different supplier.  How do we get Openreach to correct the database?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Think Openreach Issue??

I believe the provider ie BT, needs to make an ORDI* request to Openreach to correct the address. Problem seems to be from previous post finding someone who understands that so you may need help from one of the forum Mods if you get no joy from the helpdesk.

*OpenReach Database Integrity

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

I tried to contact BT but I think I just get customer services and not someone technical.  I read a few of the others about Openreach but not sure how to contact them, their website is awful like BT's for asking for something like this.

Thanks for your advice, glad I am on the right track, could do with a MOD.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

have your checked your mother's address the same on post office database as BT or different

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

The address is correct on the Royal Mail website but when she tried to switch to Plusnet they said it wasn't the correct postcode.  You see when my father bought the house in the mid 80's they gave him the wrong postcode, but he registered the BT phone at that postcode and not the correct one.  So it has never changed.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi, @charliebaker1 welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to raise an ORDI request with Openreach to get that corrected.

Thanks

Neil

Message 7 of 7

Thanks.

0 Ratings