cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 42

Unable to complain to BT about incomplete fibre broadband and phone

Hello,

(I'm new to the Community and am having great difficulty understanding how it works without the necessary information. For this reason I have not used it since broadband was installed here two years ago.)

To cut a long story short, I need to contact BT by phone to complain about the incomplete installation of fibre broadband & phone on the 30th. Trying to phone 0330 1234 150 achieves only "The number has not been recognised" and incoming calls seem not to be reaching us. 

Could BT get in touch, presumably by email, to give a BT email address to use to make contact?

Many thanks,

PS The present difficulties remind me of the weeks of difficulty in 2021 when broadband was originally installed.

0 Ratings
41 REPLIES 41
Message 2 of 42

Re: Unable to complain to BT about incomplete fibre broadband and phone

There is no email address for CS. The number you posted 03301234150 is BT customer service number and certainly does work try using your mobile

Do you have BT broadband and phone?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 42

@Yxull3 

Are you sure you have your phone plugged into the phone socket on the back of the Smart Hub 2, as you would be on BT Digital Voice?

Message 4 of 42

Many thanks for your reply and interest.
Open Reach upgraded to fibre the copper broadband and phone. We're reliant on the land line for making phone calls and it certainly isn't working, despite an BT email on the 31st that "everything was up and running". Surely there must be some way of complaining, other than writing to the Sheffield postal address and waiting weeks for a response?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 42

Perhaps you could answer the question posed by @Keith_Beddoe 

Message 6 of 42

Hello, Mr Beddoe,
Thank you very much for your reply and interest.
The Open Reach did all the in-house wiring during the visit and told me so. Nevertheless, I've taken your advice and notice that the phone (for Digital Voice) is not plugged into the back of the hub. Rather, it's plugged into a white plastic box at floor level, along with another cable that goes to the hub. That seems to make sense.
Even so, I unplugged the phone supply and connected it to the hub.
The line was completely dead. So the engineer must have correctly connected the wiring. The problem must lie outside the house.
Also, the engineer has used some of my power supply equipment to do the in-house wiring and is duty bound to return with its materials.
It's a catch-22 situation. The phone has to work in order to tell BT that it is not!
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 42

You can make a complaint online.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 42

Please see my reply to Mr Beddoe.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 42

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 42

@Yxull3wrote:
Please see my reply to Mr Beddoe.

Unfortunately having read it several times, it makes absolutely no sense. A DV phone doesn't physically connect to either the SH2 or the mysterious "white box" So you may be better to post pics.

0 Ratings