cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 42

Re: Unable to complain to BT about incomplete fibre broadband and phone

Further to my message a moment ago, I'm anxious too to contact the apparently even more elusive Open Reach. It should by now have installed its own power-supply cabling to the hub to replace my own
cable (working perfectly, of course.) If I had not had that cable and adapter on hand to lend, what would Open Reach have done?
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 42

Is your hub connected to a white box like this and if so are lights green like this

ont-pon.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 13 of 42

Hello,
I've repeatedly scoured the website but every time I've been directed to the 0330 1234 150 phone line. I have not been able find any other way of lodging a complaint. The link you provide takes me back to where I've been a dozen times before, unfortunately. If you know another way, I would be most appreciative.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 42

Thank you, Mr Beddoe.
I appreciate what you say. I'm still very unfamiliar with this "Community".
I was, however, under the (false?) impression that BT moderators monitored this discussion group and would take note and act. Perhaps tomorrow? Or perhaps I'll have to visit some BT premises in person!
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 42

@Yxull3 

It is the customer responsibility (ie you) to ensure there is power available to enable openreach to connect the ONT and the HUB.  Openreach will not be back with power cabling

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 42

Thanks for your reply. Perhaps sending a photo will be necessary, although I'm so unfamiliar with this discussion group, I would not know how to do so.
However, to be perfectly clear, the Open Reach engineer told me she had finished the installation and the later email from BT that "everything had been done at their end" and that the system was ready to go, confirmed this. There are times when you have to trust the professionals.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 42

@Yxull3 

I have already posted photo to help you so can you confirm openreach installed something like this and your hub is connected by cable

Message 18 of 42

Let's start at the beginning. Is the Internet working?

Message 19 of 42

Next, has your Digital Voice service been activated.

Go to the hub manager (put 192.168.1.254 in your browser address bar)

Does it show your phone number or does it say 'Not Configured'

dvconfig.jpg

Message 20 of 42

It's not clear if you have full fibre FTTP or simply FTTC

Do you have an Openreach ONT like the picture posted by @imjolly