cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 42

Re: Unable to complain to BT about incomplete fibre broadband and phone

@rbz5416 

It makes sense to me insomuch as it confirms that there are those who will never be able to grasp the most basic concepts of technology.

It must be a puzzling world for them.

But, like you, I'm intrigued about how they plugged a digital voice DECT phone into anything.

Message 22 of 42

Thank you to you and to other Community members, for your interest.

If it helps explain matters better, the phone and hub have been wired by the Open Reach technician to a white plastic "junction box" (I would call it), near the floor to connecting up with the fibre cable coming into the house.

For extra information, I was assured by the technician and later by email from BT on the 31st that "Your broadband and Digital Voice home phone services are ready." It was all "ready to use". And, in case there was still any doubt, "You're good to go".
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 42

Thank you for your reply and photo. Unfortrunately, I don't know how to view it but I quote below the message I sent this morning, Tuesday, to another member:

"Thank you to you and to other Community members, for your interest.

If it helps explain matters better, the phone and hub have been wired by the Open Reach technician to a white plastic "junction box" (I would call it), near the floor to connecting up with the fibre cable coming into the house.

For extra information, I was assured by the technician and later by email from BT on the 31st that "Your broadband and Digital Voice home phone services are ready." It was all "ready to use". And, in case there was still in any doubt, "You're good to go". End.
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 42

sorry but you are not giving enough information to help you  if you check message 12 does your 'white box' look like that?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 42

Thank you very much for your photo, which I have just come across, admittedly "by accident".
Firstly, the "junction box" I mentioned earlier is a "Master Socket C5".
As for the Open Reach box in your photo, one is fitted here, with all
three green lights working. However, for what it is worth, the "LAN" does occasionally flicker. (As an aside, the internet supply is working reasonably well (in order to send this message etc) but its speed is erratic and often far below specification, yet another reason to contact BT customer service as a matter of urgency after so many days.
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 42

If you have an ONT, the hub should not be connected to the NTE 5c.

Have you checked in the hub manager whether it shows a a phone number or says not configured?

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 42

Thank you for your reply.
As far as I know, as a layman, I have "full fibre FTTP", if "FTTC" is the old copper network that has been replaced.
I confirm I've seen and replied to imjolly's message with the photo.
What, in any case, might "ONT" stand for?
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 42

Thanks once again.
I have done as suggested but the result showing on the screen is:
"The connection to 192.168.1.254 is not secure
You are seeing this warning because this site does not support HTTPS and you are under Google's Advanced Protection Program. Learn more"

In any case, this is taking me into areas I know nothing about and why should I? I am paying the "professionals" BT and Openreach to install and run fibre, if only they would let us flounder in ignorance.
0 Ratings
Message 29 of 42

Optical Network Terminal

It converts the optical signal to an electrical signal to connect to your hub.

Can you answer my previous question please

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 42

If you want help you need to answer the questions.

The hub manager is http rather than Https as it is only accessible within your secure environment.

The hub manager is there for your benefit to administer various options.

0 Ratings