cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 42

Re: Unable to complain to BT about incomplete fibre broadband and phone

Thanks once again.

The internet connection is indeed working and is being used now to reply to you. But its speed is erratic, another reason to contact BT.
If you're interested, please see my other messages this morning.

We now feel terribly let down by BT and Openreach. But, given the weeks of difficulty (and compensation) when broadband was installed in 2021, perhaps it was only to be expected.
0 Ratings
Message 32 of 42

Thank you once again.
Please see my reply to you this morning, Tuesday and my other messages. As previously mentioned, the Openreach technician assured me everything was ready to use, as did BT by email the
next day. (For further information, the technician told me she would have to return the next (the 1st) and would need access tot he house. We've heard nothing more. Because, Openreach are unable to reach us by phone?)
0 Ratings
Message 33 of 42

This is pointless, without the information requested we can't assist. Endlessly repeating the same thing doesn't help.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 42

This is going to sound harsh but I'm going to say it anyway.

You posted here wanting help. Others are trying to provide that help but you seem more intent on whinging about poor service, harking back to 2021, throwing in irrelevant information & ignoring questions you've been asked. If you want the Community to help then you need to engage & reply directly to questions you're asked.

If you don't want to do that then either call BT from a mobile/neighbour or use the online complaint process I posted a link to.

As an aside, which probably isn't helping, there seems to be a bit of an issue with the forum software at the moment where a notification of new replies only takes you to the last reply. That may be how you missed the original pic of the ONT. So maybe reread the entire thread, making notes of which questions you haven't yet answered.

Another software anomaly is that when you hit "reply" to a post, you aren't really replying directly to that post. So unless you use tags or quotes, no one knows which post you're replying to.

Entirely your option to adopt a "Why should I" approach, but that won't get anything resolved unless a Mod drops in. Your call...

Message 35 of 42

@Yxull3 

if your phone is connected to the white 5c box then remove the connection and connect your phone to the green socket on back of BT hub and check phone now works - nice simple procedure

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 36 of 42

The patience shown towards the OP , despite their prevarication is remarkable, it’s almost certainly the case that the OP has not connected their phone to the SH2 ( perhaps they think that was Openreach’s job , but it isn’t ) or ( less likely ) there has been some glitch in the ‘DV’ phone service service being supplied but the OP doesn’t want to either check the router administration pages to confirm this , or contact BT via the customer service number which they admit to have supposedly tried and but failed  to negotiate the voice controlled menus , but it does ‘prove’ they have access to a phone service ( possibly a mobile phone ) , and seem unable to navigate ‘menus’ on the customer service number , that presumably thousands of other ,  every day have no problem with .

Message 37 of 42

Thank you once again for your interest.
Please read below the message I'd prepared and would have sent at 15.55 yesterday, had not the internet connection failed, to add to the woes. (I hope others including a BT moderator reads it).
"Thank you for your further message.
Unfortunately, as mentioned in one of my replies to the Community, I tried this but the line was dead. I returned the connection to the phone.
To "reset", hoping it might help, I disconnected the power supply and reconnected. To no avail. I next tried a "factory reset". The hub's light has not moved on from orange (red, some may say) to blue. And yet I'm able to type this message to you. Most peculiar .
As for the three-light Openreach white box, "LOS" is showing red, rather than yellow and the PON has no light.
At some stage, I was by now somewhat desperate to find a solution, I began trying "everything I could think of". In the process, I heard a recorded message on the handset stating "We are sorry you are having a problem ..." and advising to contact 0800 800 151. Then the line went dead and there was no possibility of course of making the call!
Things have gone from bad to worse to now positively unacceptable.
Would there be any way of involving a BT moderator as a matter of
urgency?

PS three YELLOW lights on OP box. Now PON is flashing yellow." END
Afterwards , I went to a local OpenReach depot to seek help but it
had closed for the day. I switched off the hub for much of the evening. That didn't help. I switched off overnight and tried again this morning, to find the internet connection restored although the line speed is "0Mbps". The phone, though, still doesn't work. Not even "1471" works!
Today, Wednesday, will be a very busy day and I don't know if I'll be
able to get to the OpenReach depot. Perhaps tomorrow, if there is no resolution of this atrocious situation.
Best regards
0 Ratings
Message 38 of 42

Thank you for your reply and for the effort you clearly put into writing it. Firstly, and despite my numerous messages, I still have relatively little understanding of this no doubt excellent Community and how it operates. (The reason why I had avoided it in the past.)
My swipe ("whinge") at BT came only after great effort to resolve matters myself - including via OpenReach - before turning to the Community (despite past avoidance). I was expecting some direct BT monitoring but that is clearly very limited.
As for complaining online, via the link you kindly provided, that had never worked, taking back to where I'd been so often before, dependent on phoning BT. (For reasons I would rather not go into, it
would not be possible to phone via any other line apart from the landline installed here.)

I hope that helps explain matters.
0 Ratings
Message 39 of 42

Thank you so much for you kind expression of interest.
If you are interested, please refer to my detailed message to imjolly a few minutes ago.
As stated, I feel that only by going back to the OpenReach depot might matters be resolved.
0 Ratings
Message 40 of 42

@licquorice 

PS three YELLOW lights on OP box. Now PON is flashing yellow." END
Afterwards , I went to a local OpenReach depot to seek help but it
had closed for the day.

I think that @Yxull3 is a troll who's taking the you-know-what out of us & I reckon we should all stop indulging him.

0 Ratings