cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Unable to verify My BT account

Go to solution

Hi,

I had my full fibre broadband installed and I'm very happy with it's performance, but....... despite phoning numerous times about activating My BT account the issue is still not resolve.

I can log into my account and it says I'm logged on but it asks me to verify my account. I receive an email with an activation link and the BT webpage asks me to enter my date of birth. I enter my date of birth and I get an error message saying "That doesn’t match your original answer. Please try again (1/5 attempts left)". BT help have confirmed that the date of birth they have matches the date I'm entering.

The last person I spoke to (Stoke-on-Trent office) raised the issue as a complaint and forwarded it to the relevant team, saying they would email me when the issue was resolved. I receive an email saying my complaint had been closed "We've now closed your complaint. Your reference number is VOL013-6902********.", but I'm still not able to activate My BT account.

I'm enjoying the super fast broadband, but I fear I'll loose the special offers (such as 6 months X-Box  pass and email accounts) as well as bill management. If the issue can't be resolved I'll have to revert back to Virgin Media as their technical back-up has never let me down.

Thanks in advance

BrumLee

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to verify My BT account

Go to solution

Hi @BrumLee and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry you're not able to access your MyBT. I'm sure we can help you with this. I'll need a few details so I'll drop you over a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to verify My BT account

Go to solution

I'd like to thank David, Neil and everyone else who finally managed to resolve the issue of not being able to access My BT account.

Phone calls from Neil0 to update me on the progress and the problems they were having reassured me I wasn't doing anything wrong and that I was getting a truly personal service.

Everything is working fine now and I'm so happy with the broadband performance and the moderators on this forum that go the extra mile to assure me BT is the best service provider for me.

Thanks again to all that helped

BrumLee

Tags (2)