cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: Unhappy New Customer

Go to solution

I switched to BT last month after 9 years with Virgin. I made sure that I have a week of service overlap knowing from my previous experience how things could go wrong. BT installation has been done on time and yes, I paid for two services for one week but it would be a disaster if things did go wrong.

Also, I was offered a very good deal from Virgin (nearly identical or even better financially than the BT's one) only AFTER I notified them of cancellation. They phoned me about a week before the scheduled installation (two weeks before cancelation with them) and offered a fixed price for 18 months (no annual increase). So, in your case it could be worth waiting a bit and see if you get a good deal from Virgin and then cancel BT installation if you are happy with it.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

I have a week overlap of service on my original start date from BT with Virgin. I've also been offered a similar yet slightly more expensive deal after cancelling but at much slower speeds.

I'm interested in the upload speed from BT that is considerably quicker than Virgin who pretty much have the worse upload speeds on fibre out there.

I'm not going back - over the last 7 years Virgin have increased my contract from £32 to £56 (£44 with discounts) per month for 100mbps down and 10 mbps up - an absolute rip off for pretty much zero improvement of service over that time.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

I was in a similar situation - interestingly the offers I was made while contacting Virgin were all higher than from BT for the same speed (M500). But when Virgin eventally phoned me themselves after the cancelation has been scheduled the price was a bit lower than from BT and without any increase for 18 months. The BT's price will increase each March (twice during the 24 month contract) and it could be a substantial increase because of high inflation. For me the upload speeds are important as well and yes Virgin offers 33 Mbp for M500 while BT gives 70 Mbp. I was tempted to accept Virgin's offer but I am too tired of their lack of customer service and issues I had to solve myself (e.g. purchasing my own router to have stable internet connection over the house).   

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

Just had an update from BT now saying it's going to be another 20 days until my next review to even get step one completed.  So that's a 50 day wait - and there's no guarantee in 20 days time it won't get bumped again.

Just an absolute shambles of a service - I'm seriously questioning whether this is all going to be worth the wait.

So far just an appalling introduction to being a customer - dealing with CS reps who really couldn't care less - they must be thankful to have OpenReach to absolve their responsibilty.

Awful.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

Screenshot_20221223-114142.png

Yeah thanks for the mini hub - amazing speeds - really worthwhile.

Perfect for those large files I need to upload for work.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

Review date again from OpenReach today and just received a text to say they've bumped it again to review on 3rd Feb.

That's it - I'm done. I'm going to cancel this **bleep**show.

How BT also has the audacity to have a broadband sale on when OpenReach is in meltdown is contemptuous beyond belief.

Absolute shambles 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

@petenice 

have you tried phoning the FTTP Team 08005874787 as suggested earlier to see if they can give you an update and more important the reason your installation keeps getting delayed.  if you get diverted to CS because FTTP busy then hang up and try again later

unless you move to an ISP that does not use openreach network then you will encounter the same delays

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

That's who I'm speaking to. OpenReach are blaming it on 'national delays'. 

I don't care what the reason is it's not my concern.

I shouldn't have to wait 3,6,8 months to get connected while BT and all other providers continue to sell services that OpenReach can't get connected in a reasonable time.

They can stick it.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

Cancelled. So long suckers.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

Lol, "I'm not happy so i'll just put myself at the back of the queue again" 

0 Ratings