cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Unlink Microsoft Game Pass

Go to solution

Hi

About 12 months ago I took out a BB and TV package and as part of that deal I got 1 year of XBox gamepass ultimate. The price was too high for me to continue with after the free 12 months so I stopped the auto renewal and it expired at the start of July. My microsoft account still says Managed By BT. After spending 2 hours via online chat, being offered packages and wrong contractual statements I was told to call the value team. I then spoke to 3 different people and one said they would get someone to fix it….they didn’t. I got an email saying that I did not “purchase” gamepass and that they could not help….technically I didn't purchase it, I got it free from BT and I resent the insinuation they made that I bought the code from a dodgy website….which I didn’t.

I don't know if this issue is because my BT account email, is different from my Microsoft account.

If someone can get this matter sorted I will be extremely grateful and consider this matter settled otherwise I am going to have to raise an official complain, which I don’t want to do.

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unlink Microsoft Game Pass

Go to solution

Hi @Deltasurfer79, sorry your Xbox account is locked to BT. If you haven't done so try adding a new pass as that usually triggers the release.
If that doesn't work I've sent you a Private Message so you can get back to us and we'll get this raised to the Xbox team for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unlink Microsoft Game Pass

Go to solution

Hi

So it worked….in the end..I shall explain.

So when I added in Gamepass Ultimate 12 months ago I had gold/core already and it converted some of that time from core to extra ultimate, however as the account just says “managed by BT” it was not possible to see this.

I bought a code for 12 months core and then tried to add it to my account from the xbox and it failed, I then tried to add it to my account via the website and only then got the message that I had extra ultimate and then converted my core to ultimate, I didn't get a great conversion rate from core to ultimate but it the unlinked from BT.

Thanks for all the support.

0 Ratings