cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Upgrade options - TV & Broadband

Hi,

Have I got this right with the online options available for upgrade of my existing expired BB & TV deals:

• I have BT Halo 1 BB
  • I have Max 4K TV package (old, no longer available)
  • If I choose to change to just Sport HD I get offered £18.00 for Sport, it should be £24, but the online tool removes the HD add-on when I have to select the BB package below regardless of what I do.
  • I selected Fibre Halo 3 £66.99 BB package upgrade
  • And £2 for landline
  • So total of £86.99 (18+66.99+2)

So, ok, apart from the HD add-on being automatically removed when I choose Halo 3, looks ok. But the thing is, in my attempts to try and keep the HD on the order, if I choose to just upgrade my BB package first on it's own, no TV change:

• I get offered £59.99
  • and £2 for landline
  • So a total of £61.99 for just BB upgrade

So surely in this case, I'm better off doing two orders, add BB first, wait a day, then do a TV upgrade, saving £7 a month, have I got this right? Or is it the case that if I change my BB, and then try to upgrade my TV package I won't be offered the £24 (£18 Sport + £6 HD) as above, it will be more? 

Does that make sense, am I reading it right:

• Choose just BB upgrade separately from TV is cheaper than TV + BB?

Cheers,

Andy

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Upgrade options - TV & Broadband

I can't answer your specific question, but I have just had a similar experience.

I tried to re-contract BB and TV (Big Sport) on Saturday (1/4), where it was offering me Halo 3 at the price I was paying for Halo 1 prior to the 31 March price increase.  But it wasn't allowing me to take the Big Sport offer at the same time - it was saying I had to wait for the BB order to complete on 4/4.

But then when I came to do the Big Sport order on 4/4 after my BB order had completed, it said that I had to renew my already renewed BB contract for a further 24 months starting 6/4 - so effectively adding another 2 days on to it!

Now, I know that's not really much of an issue, but it did just seem a bit odd, and I wonder what would have happened had I started with renewing the Big Sport package initially on 1/4 rather than the BB contract?  Would that then have allowed me to renew both at the same time as I really wanted to do?

Either way, it not been the best customer experience.

And just to add to that, when placing the new TV order, I selected the option to receive a new BT TV Box Pro to replace my older model, which it said would arrive on or before 6/4 (and would incur a £30 connection fee).  Well, it wasn't dispatched until late last night and Royal Mail has advised they will deliver it to me on Saturday 8/4! 

But to be fair to BT, I contacted them about it and they have agreed to waive the £30 connection fee to compensate for not receiving the new box when promised (and at least I still have an old box to watch the sports channels on in the meantime). 

0 Ratings