cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 26

Re: Upgraded to Halo 3, but no Smart Hub 2 sent.

@Les-Gibsonwrote:

If Complete Wi-Fi is part of the deal you signed up for then you will need ths Smart Hub 2 as the discs don't work with anything less.

As painful as it can often be, you should ring Customer Service, or check on MyBT and clarify if you are paying for Complete Wi-Fi and if you are then you need them to supply the kit

Halo 3 does not come with Complete Wi-Fi disc(s), which means a Smart Hub 2 is not required.

A Smart Hub 2 is sent to new customers joining, customers on Halo 3+, customers with Complete Wi-Fi as an addon or customers with Digital Voice.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 26

@-Richie- 

I'm not so sure about that, I know where you're coming from but like much to do with BT, it seems as clear as mud.

See screenshot from My Offers: Customer (bt.com)

Halo3.jpg

Message 13 of 26

Looking through my order journey summary for my Halo 3 regrade in 2022 it specifically says Smart Hub 2 and that is what I received in the post.

I previously had a Home Hub 5.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 26

@orozz 

That's right but on the other hand, in line with the post from @-Richie-,  I had to return my disc when I dropped Halo3+ in favour of Halo 3 on my last renewal

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 26

I will caution Halo, make sure you read the terms and conditions.

“Stay connected to what matters

If you have broadband issues or are moving home, we’ll send you a Mini Hub to keep you online and turn on unlimited data on all of your BT mobiles too.”

I found this not to be true, I had broadband issues that required an Openreach engineer to fix my line. 
BT refused to activate unlimited data and send out a mini hub as it wasn’t a “qualifying fault”. 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 26

@-Richie- 

Yep, if you click on the Smart Hub 2 tab, it shows it comes with Halo 3.

Which apparently is now known to be incorrect. 

I have spoke to BT today, and I made it quite clear that the marketing for the halo products is extremely miss leading,  and explained I had screen shots, of what most people think is included the upgrade. The agent agreed, that its been raised many times.

In the end they decided to send me a smart hub, as the reason I was upgrading was due to a faulty home hub 5, which I thought would be solved by upgrading and getting a shiny new one, but ended up paying extra a month, for no reason.

The agent said, wow you had that hub for 14 years 😳 it's now sorted hopefully.

Message 17 of 26

Thought I'd post this for a laugh. Just been on MyBT to check my latest bill & the ever generous BT are also offering me the same "upgrade" to Halo 3 with Complete WiFi. But rather than the £5.98 that @VelocityVinnie has paid, they want me to pay...

rbz5416_0-1709834165388.png

Stand & deliver!

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 26

Methinks BT are trying to tell you something .... and it's not very polite 🤔

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 26

That's some £644 over the length of the contract!

That would buy a very decent mesh system (if I didn't already have one), a MiFi device (If I had any mobile signal) & still have a fair wedge of change.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 26

@Les-Gibsonwrote:

@-Richie- 

I'm not so sure about that, I know where you're coming from but like much to do with BT, it seems as clear as mud.

See screenshot from My Offers: Customer (bt.com)

Halo3.jpg

Your image shows 'Halo3 with Complete Wi-Fi' & 'Halo 3+' - both of which include Complete Wi-Fi which therefore includes a Smart Hub 2, I was talking solely about 'Halo 3', my reply is accurate.

0 Ratings