cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: WLR Withdrawal stop sell rules

Go to solution
Funny 🙂 its just that all the broadband companies make no mention of it and if I try Talk Talk, BT, Vodaphone etc they just say that only Copper is available
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

@jonnyfartpants What speeds are you being quoted? FTTC SOGEA is fibre to the cabinet and copper from the cabinet to your home.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution
I am not being quoted for any type of broadband, I can only get Copper at 5mps. This is my point. Apparently FTTC isn't available
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

As this is a BT Consumer forum, the availability other ISP have for a product is immaterial, but the checker returns you have posted indicate that SoGEA is available ( FTTC without a PSTN phone  service ) .

What do you currently have ? , do you have FTTC service but looking to switch provider to BT , or  you are not currently a customer of any provider at the address in question and want FTTC with BT  or you have ADSL and want FTTC from BT ?

If you go through the BT order entry process, perhaps you can screen grab and post the images showing no FTTC products 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution
Yes I understand all of that, the screengrab of the wholesale website has been posted. FTTC is listed as "Unavailable" and used to say "Waiting list". I have no service at all but neighbours do have FTTC. The waiting list was for ports to become available in the cabinet but since the 5th Sept it now states "Unavailable"

I can currently only get Copper with a guarantee of 2mps for £29.99. Which I am not going to sign up for.

I have ben told that SOGEA is available but dont understand why ISP's like BT do not offer it. I have found that Zen.co.uk do it for 29.99 at 67mbs, but if there are no ports or a stop sell has been applied then this might not be available either
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

The request was to screen grab and post the screenshot from the BT Consumer site showing only ADSL speeds available , obviously if there are no ports spare in the FTTC ‘cabinet’ , then SoGEA would show waiting list , if Zen show availability, then that pretty much shows that at a wholesale level the product is available, individual ISP , could for their own reasons chose not to offer products 

There is no stop sell on SoGEA 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

have you tried contacting ZEN and see if they will offer anything as it does not look likely you are not going to get FTTC from BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution
Can I thank everyone for their help. I think this was a DB peculation thing, as when I check today all ISPs are now offering broadband with no phone option so SOGEA. Yesterday there was nothing and hasn't been since 5th of September
0 Ratings