cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Why can't I downgrade to Fibre Essential from my existing Halo package?

Hi @Colossusthefish, sorry you've been unable to get this resolved when you called in on multiple occasions.

I'll send you a Private Message shortly so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

@Colossusthefishwrote:
They say that Fibre Essential from the website is only available to new customers.

They are feeding you "porkies"! However, there are restrictions as to who may apply.

Screenshot 2024-04-04 145258.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

@Carlusha 

Yet again BT's idiotic naming convention rears it's ugly head.

@Colossusthefishwas referring to Fibre Essential & not Home Essential. Fibre essential is just the slowest speed available at around 36Mb, rather than the social tariff that is Home Essential.

Message 14 of 18

Duplicated 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

@rbz5416wrote:

@Carlusha 

Yet again BT's idiotic naming convention rears it's ugly head.

@Colossusthefishwas referring to Fibre Essential & not Home Essential. Fibre essential is just the slowest speed available at around 36Mb, rather than the social tariff that is Home Essential.

Sorry, my mistake! I am citing my old age for that wee boob!

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

Can you get in touch with me about this. I've been with BT for years, and realised that paying for Halo was overkill. My contract ends in 9 days but I can't negotiate downgrade on either EE or BT so I'll end up moving to Sky. An option put forward was for my wife to open a "new account".

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

@Sheeny 

Who are you addressing? If it was the Moderator then they are no more.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

"I've run the gauntlet of 3 'guides' now and none of them have been able to downgrade the account to Fibre Essential. They say that Fibre Essential from the website is only available to new customers. "

BT's telephone agents are incentivised not to let any customer downgrade from the Halo "deals" that they are on. The Halo bells & whistles are pretty much worthless but are BT's device to keep existing customers on contracts that cost around twice as much as is being offered to new customers.
It seems you just have to keep calling them until you happen to get an agent who doesn't mind too much losing commission if he/she downgrades you.
As I've said before, these sales tactics by BT are disgraceful and more suited to a street market than what was once a respected telcommunications provider.
0 Ratings