cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Why has my bill increased by £10-odd a month

Why has my bill increased by £10-odd a month. Who should I contact to complain?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Why has my bill increased by £10-odd a month

Comparing the items with last month's bill might help.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@Taffy078 just looked at your post history & strangely 2 years ago I was telling you about what happens when your BT Sport went OOC, you've not given us any info whatsoever to go on but if you check dates on your bill it may be your contract ending again

EDIT - have read it further the last message from you in that thread on 7th April 2020 is you stating a new contract starts tomorrow, I'm guessing the increase is due to it ending which should be clearly mentioned on the bill

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

I believe that I now have the correct advice. Previously, whenever I and others complained about BT increases, we were always advised to click on a link that enabled us to to avoid the increase. But all that that did was to extend the contract with BT. That in turn meant that we could not complain to OFCOM - we'd agreed to the extension.

But the advice I've received is that we should have bitten the bullet  i.e. pay the increased subscription. The reason is simple viz. pay the extra cost because after 12 months we can move elsewhere if we so choose.

I'd welcome your comments.

Message 5 of 7

The same thing happened to me! The link was not clear.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

It's strange that no-one here has commented on my suggestion that we shouldn't follow any advice/link that simply makes the increase disappear. All that does is to extend your BT subscription by another year. As I said earlier in the thread, bite the bullet and pay the new subscription; this will enable you to shop around next year.

What really annoys me is that the cost of my BT subscription is three times what other leading providers are charging. In addition, BT shouldn't be charging existing (LOYAL!) customers  more than what they are offering to attract new customers. The FCA are likely to force all providers within the next six months to charge the same terms for new and existing products.

They've already forced Home & Motor insurers to do this 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Instead of posting wildly inaccurate advice/info/moans on here @Taffy078 have you actually followed up on my previious post about it strangely being very close to 2 years since you stated a contract was starting so it's likely ended?

0 Ratings