cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Wrongly charged for on demand services

Hi there, BT has charged me £70 for on demand films I didn't order (they have now credited my account). The films in question include Transformers and Blue Beetle.

They insist that I made the order via my BT box and, indeed, the films do exist in My Zone. I am adamant that no such order was made by me or my wife or anyone visiting. The implication was that I was telling lies. 

I'm 81 and my wife is 76. I'm tech savvy but she does not extend beyond switching the TV on and off .

Has anyone else experienced this sort of problem and is it technically possible for BT to make a mistake and apply an order to the wrong box?

I feel strongly about this and the way I was spoken to. Any advice or comments will be appreciated. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Wrongly charged for on demand services

Hi @scarboroughfox Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry you have reason to complain. 

As the films have appeared in MyZone it would indicate that the purchases have been linked to your account and I can't see how the films ordered would not have originated from your BT TV box. 

Those films would appeal to a younger audience, has anyone been visiting on the dates the films were watched/ordered? It should show you the purchase date on your bill. 

Also, do you have a payment pin set up on your box? I would recommend this to ensure that the paid-for content isn't ordered in error by anyone not familiar with how the BT TV box works. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Neil for the reply. I am 100% certain no-one ordered the films using my box in this house. As you rightly say, they are young persons' films and appear to have been partly watched. I never saw the need for a payment PIN but set one up on the advice of BT once this problem was identified.

Is it technically possible that my details could have been stolen and the box hacked?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for posting back @scarboroughfox

Sorry for the confusion around the purchases.  What you've said would not be possible. The purchases would need to be made using your BT TV Box.  Thank you for setting up the payment PIN - this will give you peace of mind for future.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Just a thought but do you or anyone else have a mobile device connected to the box via the BT TV app? I'm not certain but I think you can make purchases associated with the box that way.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Or perhaps someone else with another remote control took control, perhaps children. I expect the remote controls are not unique to each box.

I do not know what the range is, but it may work through a window, so it could  have been done when you were not looking, for a joke.

As @rbz5416  has said, it could be a mobile, so see if you have any devices registered to your box.

0 Ratings