cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Xbox game pass ultimate lost subscription time

Go to solution

Hi

I've recently signed up to BT's Full Fibre 900 service. I was offered a 12-month Xbox game pass ultimate subscription as part of my sign-up offer.

After applying the code to my Microsoft Account I can see it has taken effect for the 12-month period (expires in January 2024), however it has not "stacked" on top of my previous Xbox game pass subscription and now effectively expires before my previously accrued subscription time (August 2024).

What will happen when the "BT Xbox game pass subscription" expires? Will it revert to my previous subscription time? Has anyone else had this issue, or had any help from BT with it?

Not particularly happy at effectively losing 12-months of pre-paid subscription time when BT are advertising this offer as an incentive to sign up to their services.

Any advice/info very much appreciated !

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Xbox game pass ultimate lost subscription time

Go to solution

Hi @gingerrossy,

It may not appear to have stacked but it has. When you finish the 12 month pass, or however long you keep it with us, your other Xbox subscription time will still be there. There will be no lost subscription time.

Thanks
DanielS

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply @DanielS, that is somewhat reassuring 👍

My GamePass app shows that my Ultimate subscription currently expires on 12/08/2024 (confirmed this with Xbox support via Twitter as well) which was the expiry date before I applied the BT code. So given that the 12 months subscription time from BT runs from January 2023 to January 2024 (and now overlaps with my existing pre-purchased subscription time), should the subscription expiry date not be in 2025 if the code has stacked correctly?

Or will the subscription be updated with the additional time when the account/subscription control is handed back to Microsoft after the 12 months with BT is up?

Thanks for your help!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@gingerrossy wrote:

Thanks for the reply @DanielS, that is somewhat reassuring 👍

My GamePass app shows that my Ultimate subscription currently expires on 12/08/2024 (confirmed this with Xbox support via Twitter as well) which was the expiry date before I applied the BT code. So given that the 12 months subscription time from BT runs from January 2023 to January 2024 (and now overlaps with my existing pre-purchased subscription time), should the subscription expiry date not be in 2025 if the code has stacked correctly?

Or will the subscription be updated with the additional time when the account/subscription control is handed back to Microsoft after the 12 months with BT is up?

Thanks for your help!

Hi @gingerrossy

Thanks for posting back!

I am very sorry for the confusion with this.  Just to confirm, you're absolutely spot on.  The subscription will be updated with the additional time.  That's definitely the case, rest assured -  but I can see where the confusion has came from and apologies again about that.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Good to know! Thanks both for your responses. Very helpful indeed 🙏