cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Xbox pass activation

Recently "upgraded" my BB to 900 Halo 3+. As a consequence of this I get a free 12 month xbox game pass ultimate.

I've had the email to say I can activate it, followed the instructions numerous times and each time I get the dreaded.

We're sorry the system is down for maintenance, you can submit your activation request by calling us on 0330 1234 150 choose option 1 and then option 2.

Looking back it seem this is common to pretty much every single person who gets the offer! and this error message has been going on for years!.......to my mind it's just something BT use to entice you in and then make it so difficult for you to activate it you give up and it costs them less. I hope that is just the cynic in me and not a ploy BT would actually use.

Anyway, my question is, does anyone know of a way to actually get this activated, as I understand I only have 2 weeks to act on the offer.

Any pointers that maybe don't involve me listening to rubbish music on a loop for an hour or more would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you all in advance

Dave

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Xbox pass activation

had nothing but problems in getting it sorted. Phoned through numerous times now, just to be past on colleague to colleague.  Last I got was I was going to get an email for the activation / code to the xbox game pass. Alas, not received it, its been a week.....

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Not really good enough is it. Shouldn't be offering something if it can't be delivered

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

you need to wait at least 2 weeks after activation date for 14 day cooling off period to pass

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

I've been waiting 2 months, since I upgraded my package. Site is just down for maintenance, surely this needs addressing?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi @smokebelch 

Thanks for coming to the community.

I am sorry that you are having trouble claiming the Xbox Game Pass online.

If it is not letting you claim it that way, and you've been connected for more than 14 days, the best option is to get in touch with our Account and Billing guides who can send a webform to the relevant team to request the code for you.

They would then send you the code within 7 working days.

I know you mentioned not wanting to wait on hold, there is also a chat option on the link above.

Michael

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi @marnold007 

I can understand your frustration at having to chase this.

It sounds like the team have sent the webform to the relevant team for you last week, which can take up to 7 working days.

What day was it you last spoke to them?

Michael

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hey there, 

It was last Friday 18th October 😃 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Thanks @marnold007 

I know you've been trying to get this for a while but if the webform has been sent by our team on your last contact, you should hear something by the middle of next week.

If you haven't heard anything back by Wednesday, please let us know here, and we can take some details to chase it with the relevant team.

Michael

0 Ratings