cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

caller redirect charge

I have just discovered that I have been charged £30 a month for caller re-direct since I moved into my home in January 2020 even though I do not have a landline.  I was offered 1 month refund as a gesture of goodwill then 3 months but I do not understand how the charge was set-up as I don't have a landline.   I was also put on a Payment Plan for no reason which made it impossible to see the charge clearly each month. This is £930 payment for a service I have never had.  This does not seem right or fair.

Can anyone please help me to get my money back?

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: caller redirect charge

There is no charge for caller redirect, you just pay the call charges for any redirected calls. When you say you don't have a landline, do you mean you don't have a telephone or you don't have telephony capability at all?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi

thanks for responding. There is a charge of 30.60 per month for caller redirect. It is an itemised charge on the bill.  I have a broadband service but no telephone landline. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

That sounds very odd, why has it taken you 3 years to notice the charge?

I'll flag your problem to the mods, they will post on the thread.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi

i can see on the forum that this has been an issue for others before. The reason it took so long to spot was the fact that I was on a payment plan without knowing instead of a direct monthly charge. BT billing accept this as an issue and say that that is why it wasn’t easy to spot sooner. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi @nicola09,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you've been charged incorrectly. In order for me to be able to work out what has gone wrong, I'll need to take a look at your account.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@licquoricewrote:

There is no charge for caller redirect, you just pay the call charges for any redirected calls.

Caller redirect is chargeable, I think you're thinking of call diversion.

Caller redirect is offered on home moves, where you can't retain your existing number due to the exchange being different, when customers call your old number, a message is read out explaining the number is no longer in use and the new number is xxxxxxxxxx

It's added on a rolling contract and remains active until the customer asks to cancel it, if it's a quarterly charge it would be on your bill every 3 months.