cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

chrome being blamed by BT

anyone else getting BT claiming that the problems accessing their website are due to chrome ?!

...   think there was an update 3/4 weeks ago as I can't get into any of my 3 accounts - even left the jumping dots for 30mins 3xtimes and NOTHING - obviously lots of broken links on the website and BT don't care - I have had problems with my bills since last September and I have to phone them EVERY month and raise a complaint since Jan this year - disgusting service ! they just DON'T CARE - i've spent hours on phone / chat with them - once being passed between 4 different call centres for almost 90mins on call - disgusted doesn't come close !

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: chrome being blamed by BT

Hi @maggio   Have you tried clearing the cookies, browsing history etc. This normally helps with these type of glitches.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

yes thanks - all of that and ruined all my experiences in other sites ! - its BT not prepared to do a chrome fix when everyone is turning to chrome ... big mistake !

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

did you try using another browser like edge or firefox to see if that solves the problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

The BT website is working fine for me via chrome so I would suggest the issue you are having is maybe caused by having multiple BT accounts which is what happened to me a number of months ago,however i got this sorted via customer services and everything works fine now.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

thanks but no - not prepared to use another browser - if BT aren't prepared to do user acceptance tests then i'm not prepared to adapt for them (and nor are other chrome users) - they need to up their game !

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

thanks Rev but no - not prepared to use another browser - if BT aren't prepared to do user acceptance tests then i'm not prepared to adapt for them (and nor are other chrome users) - they need to up their game !

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

lucky you ! .... i've now spoken to over 20 people since 21/12 last year and still they can't fix my accounts - all i'm asking is to view my bill / pay my bill / see bill history - its not rocket science ...  i'll be heading to OFCOM soon as this is totally unacceptable

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

good luck with OFCOM as they don't do individual cases but will not your problem

Sorry can't understand your attitude to just trying another browser just in case it is not chrome and actually your device that is causing the problem

as posted by @Andrew24  I have used chrome just now and have no problem accessing MYBT so seems problem is not with chrome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

@maggiowrote:

thanks Rev but no - not prepared to use another browser - if BT aren't prepared to do user acceptance tests then i'm not prepared to adapt for them (and nor are other chrome users) - they need to up their game !

So you're not prepared to help yourself, you're one of those who expect the world to right their wrongs for them, incredible!