cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 23

flashing purple light for 3 days now

hello, so i signed up for bt fibre 2 on the 15th of november and was told activation would be on the 1st of december, by 11 am i got a text and email confirming the service was ready and good to go by 23:59pm on the 1st of december its 6am on the 3rd now and the hub is still flashingpurple, i've tried to do everything it says on the website disconecting hub reseting etc... i need internet asap as my work depens on it and ive been 2 weeks without internet what can i do

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: flashing purple light for 3 days now

@dd_rs 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Try calling 0330 1234 150

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 23

ok but can anyone help tho

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 23

No, you would need to contact BT and tell them your service is not working. They will then ask Openreach to investigate, as there may be a line fault. Openreach are responsible for the external network.

I assume its an FTTC connection, where the BT Home Hub is plugged into your phone socket on the wall?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 23

yes
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 23

Then, assuming you have connected it up correctly, then is has to be a line fault somewhere, and only Openreach can sort it out. 

You should have reported it to BT yesterday, as Openreach always keep a task open just for cases like yours, which are classed as Early Life Failures.

Provided you tell BT today, Openreach can assign that task for a visit early next week, otherwise it will be closed and it will be assumed that your service is working.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 23

i'm not waiting another week i will cancel the service thanks for your help anyway

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 23

It would be tomorrow or Tuesday, not another week. Just give them a call now, as a task should be there in the system, but will be closed off if they do not hear from you.

You will wait a long time for any service with another provider who uses the Openreach network, as your existing connection would need to be ceased first.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 23

ok i will phone them as soon as they open
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 23

Just tell them that your new service does not work, after trying everything, and they should be able to see your provision order and take action. They should be also be able to see that there is no working connection, as they have all the diagnostic tools. Make sure they raise it as an ELF, The target is 48 hours for an ELF (Early Life Failure).

Openreach may see an existing routing and assume that its still intact, unless someone tells them otherwise.

0 Ratings