cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

packages

Is it possible to choose Broadband Fibre 1 or 2 and basic BTTV without any package (i.e Freeview channels only) as a combination, plus phone line and calls?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: packages

not sure what is the point of getting BTTV for freeview only - freeview is readily available on most modern tvs free

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

No & can't think why you'd want to? Unless you're thinking of Freeview delivered by Internet, which BT haven't launched yet.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

To keep the box and recording capability, pay the lowest rate for tv and then add on as and when required

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

If you only want to dip in out of NowTV passes, you'd be better off buying a retail Freeview Play box and if your TV doesn't have an app store, buy a Roku or Firestick etc 

Message 6 of 15

When you say keep the box, do you mean you already have one? If so & depending when you got it, it may be yours to keep anyway.

Message 7 of 15

Yes, I already have one. I think I have probably had this one( you view) for around 4 years? It was an upgrade for a previous one.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

The current policy of loaning kit started in December 2019, so if you've had the box four years, it's should be yours to keep. Although they seem to be including renewed contracts in the current wording, so you may need confirmation from a BT employee.

"We made some changes to our Terms & Conditions on 13 December 2019, meaning that BT Hubs and BT TV boxes are being loaned to you. So if you joined us or have renewed your contract on or after this date, you’ll be charged for not returning equipment to us. You’ll have 60 days to return it from the date you stopped using it before we charge you."

Message 9 of 15

Looks like I would have to return as I renewed in 2020

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

I guess you could always buy one from Ebay if you do have to return it.