cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

transfer of phone number & closure of old account

Go to solution

BT recently offered me a new full fibre package deal. When BT arranged my new package I was given a new BT account number and assured my phone number would be transferred over to my new line when it was connected.

My phone line was disconnected, and my new fibre-line installed as arranged, but my phone number has not been transferred over.

8 Days have passed since my line was installed and people are still unable to contact me on my original phone number.

My old BT account is still active, and I am being billed for my previous package in addition to the new one. Despite the old phone line being disconnected.

I am currently being charged for two BT packages under different account numbers.

Explaining all of the above over the phone would be difficult, can BT please look into this and arrange the following:

1. Transfer my phone number over as arranged.
2. Close my old account (after ensuring my phone number has been transferred).
3. Ensure I am not billed for my old line and package.

Thanks, Phillip.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: transfer of phone number & closure of old account

Go to solution

@PhillipP 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.
The only BT Employees are the forum moderators. I have asked one of them to post here.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @PhillipP,

I am so sorry that you were set up with a second account. In almost all cases, we should be upgrading your existing account and not setting up a new account. There are only a few exceptions that would have caused this. I agree with you, we need to get this sorted. I'm sending you a private message with some details that I need.

Also, @Keith_Beddoe thanks for dropping me a line about this.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks for your help. I have just received a message from BT.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi Phillip,

Just a quick message. I've checked the cease order on the old account and it's due to complete on Monday. I'll be able to try the renumber once that all completes. I'll be in touch as soon as I have any further updates for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings