cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 201 of 310

Re: BT Cloud 22.12.33 not working ERROR UN1

Go to solution

Compared to Amazon's photo dam the bt app is pretty slow and clunky. But its a place to back up when it works.

0 Ratings
Message 202 of 310

Go to solution

Max5

Where have I said it works properly, that's right nowhere. I just said it works for me.

0 Ratings
Message 203 of 310

Go to solution

@Syrup 

Could you be so kind as to log out of the app and log back in?

0 Ratings
Message 204 of 310

Go to solution

Max5

Why, just to prove you right? Why would I do that? Never anywhere did I state it was perfect. 

Give it a rest.

0 Ratings
Message 205 of 310

Go to solution

Please permit me to act as an arbitrator. 

The fault that has occurred on BT Cloud  started in mid November and was intermittent and progressive. 

The position that you are currently in is the position that we were all in nearer the end of November. but if you do Log out and in again you may find that you are in a similar position to the rest of us.

The pages that you screen shot and posted are no longer the same as those I, and possibly other users, had at the end of November. 

For example, I no longer have the Folder icon and Upload/Downloads displayed that you are currently using and other may be in the same, or different, position. 

No Folder.jpg

No one is trying to prove that they are right or wrong, they are trying to understand how you can still access to your files, when they cannot.

JTS1

Message 206 of 310

Go to solution

JTS1

Just to clarify. I had the app previously but preferred the browser version so deleted it. I back up my files to a portable hard drive also. Wanting to send a file to someone, I couldn't find it on my hard drive, and knowing it was on my BT Cloud I decided to get it from there. Of course I couldn't because of the error.

I tried for a few days without success so decided to download the app again which I did last Monday. I'm positive of the date as I was at home that day. All went smoothly.

All I've wanted to do is help people knowing I had no problems. Obviously, I was wrong.

Screenshot 2023-12-02 205926.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 207 of 310

Go to solution

This is not the first time that there have been issues with BT Cloud and the last time a major event occurred I was in the unenviable position of not being shut out from my file on that occasion and tried to help various users, some successfully and others not at all. 

There was of course a real fault in the BT Cloud, which was eventually rectified. 

A Moderator has already notified us in Message 170 that the BT Cloud Team are currently working on a fault that is taking longer than expected to rectify and has promised to give us a progress update on the 8th of December.

JTS1

Message 208 of 310

Go to solution

@JTS1 @Syrup 

On one of my PC’s that is never logged off from the Cloud I have managed to download around 14gb of data from the cloud as a test. The download from backup Icon still shows unlike JST1 and still works.

I still cannot login from any browser or can set up the app on my iPad running IPadOS 17.1.2

0 Ratings
Message 209 of 310

Go to solution

Just to clarify as several issues have been merged by the mods.

1. BT Cloud Web browser access had an intermittent UN1 error going back several months which is now permanent, preventing ability to manage your stored data.

2. Auto software update to latest version stopped BT Cloud working for many people. Initially uninstall and deleting app data fixed this for some including me. Now if you uninstall or log out you cannot log in, or if you change your "myBT" password it will log you out of BT Cloud and ask you to log back in which fails.

3. Some people reported that they were unable to log in to "myBT" around the time the update issue started, not sure what caused this or what the fix was but it did start working again after several days

Message 210 of 310

Go to solution

We have all been discussing the mess at BTCloud. You might also like to know that, when I was in the USA in October, EE (part of BT) totally failed to get my mobile roaming working. At first the phone would do absolutely nothing, then after a call to 150 on my wife's phone they got it picking up TMobile (also owned by BT) as the local provider . I still could not however use the phone in any way other than to call EE at 150!  Many hours were wasted with them trying and failing to fix the problem.

The net result was disastrous -  extremely important messages sent to me were missed and  I was completely unable to call anyone, even emergency services.

It does look like the whole of the BT empire is now unable to deal with its own technical issues.