cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 261 of 310

Re: BT CLOUD ERRORS

Go to solution

@Cicero 

Hi, just tried logging in to bt cloud website on chrome via windows 10 laptop, worked ok. Tried on samsung s8 android on chrome and it took me into the bt cloud app which is installed, clicked on chrome 3 dots/ menu and selected desktop site and got the screwdriver/spanner page not found. Tried on my old tablet which is not compatible with the app and bt cloud log in on chrome took me to play store bt cloud app to tell me not compatible, desktop site selected gave screwdriver/spanner page not found.

Can't remember if you could log on to the website via browser on android previously or if its changed forcing use of the app.

Would have thought browser login should work whatever OS is.

0 Ratings
Message 262 of 310

Go to solution

Was definitely logging on last week ok.  From 2 PC’s one 32 bit one 64 using Chrome and Firefox..

0 Ratings
Message 263 of 310

Go to solution

Mattstreet, in your Message 259 you imply that you phone is the only platform that you have installed BT Cloud on.  If that is the case, if you fully Uninstalled it and then Reinstalled it again then all of the files that were originally Synced or Backed up will have to be checked and restored.  Depending on the number of files and the size of these files that may take some time to complete, hence the rotating circle.

0 Ratings
Message 264 of 310

Go to solution

Android App still not working - white background with black spinning circle. I've lost count of the amount of times I've deleted it and reinstalled. 

Desktop version is working fine however the android app, which is what I use and where I upload from, is caput.  

0 Ratings
Message 265 of 310

Go to solution

@JTS1  Regarding your message 263. 

If he has the same spinning circle as me, we cannot even get to the login part of the app so it cant be loading the files if it doesnt know what account it is for.

After a fresh download/install you get a screen with "BT Cloud will ask for permission....." and so on. Purple button at the bottom called Continue. You press that and it askes to give permission to access your phone for calls (Allow/Dont Allow) then after that to access you photos/videos (Allow/Dont Allow). After pressing that you are faced with the BT Cloud logo amd a purple "Get Started" button. It is after pressing this you get a white screen with a black spinning circle - I have not been able to enter my login credentials and i've left this screen open for hours while at work and nothing happens.  

0 Ratings
Message 266 of 310

Go to solution

AlexD1:

That is EXACTLY the situation I find myself in. Tried again today. No improvement.

All I can do is manually upload files to the BT cloud via a web browser directly from my phone, but that's hardly ideal. The whole point of cloud back up is that it does it automatically every time I take a new photo. 

0 Ratings
Message 267 of 310

Go to solution

@Mattstreet 

I feel a bit better knowing I am not the only one facing this exact issue! 

You are right, having to force the desktop version and doing it via browser is less than ideal - I am hoping now they have fixed the PC versions they will follow it through and fix the app but god knows how long this will take. 

0 Ratings
Message 268 of 310

Go to solution

AlexD1, whatprimary  platform are you using.  Is it a laptop, PC. or Phone, or are you using a combination of these?

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 269 of 310

Go to solution

@AlexD1

Hi Alex  

I had an issue when I first loaded the app to my android phone, it sounds similar to yours. It appeared to be stuck, but was in fact waiting for me to enter my log in details, just that I wasn't seeing the log in box.

I can't remember 100% how I got round it but it was either changed from portrait to landscape mode or clicked on the 3 dots top right and selected desktop site which changed how it was displayed which made the log in box visible, entered details and it worked ok. I took a chance and logged out to see what happens and when opening the app the log in screen appeared normally in portrait mode

0 Ratings
Message 270 of 310

Go to solution

I don't mean to sound complacent but since the fix on December 6/7th, I have had no trouble accessing the cloud on my win11 laptop or my Android phone. Occasionally I receive a message saying login failed but on the second attempt it opens up OK and, this morning, I had to accept the terms again and the "tour" came up as if I was a new user so maybe there has been another update.

Hope everyone else can soon access the site too.

Good luck,

John.

0 Ratings