cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 91 of 215

Re: Closure of BT Cloud

@ReleaseTheMagicwrote:

Currys do a service for £150 for 3 years with 4TB of storage.

For that price they offer an 8TB external drive, or a 4TB drive for £105.

My three external hard drives are all at least 10 years old and the only failure has been one power supply, easily replaced.

I trust that everyone now uses external hard drives for primary backup, and cloud storage as secondary.

0 Ratings
Message 92 of 215

Re: BT Cloud is no longer available

I just signed a new contract with BT only for to receive a email today saying they are closing it, I can't cancel my contract as I'm two months in, I think this is disgusting, they must have known about it in May when my contract was ending but didnt tell me the service wouldn't be part of the new contract, is this breach of contract on BT's behalf and if so can i cancel my contract?

Message 93 of 215

I just got an email telling me that and I just signed a new contract in may so I am out of the cool off period. I kept with BT because i got the storage so I could have moved to a lower cost service anyway
Message 94 of 215

Re: BT cloud closing.

I just resigned and I am now out the cooling off period, i wasn't told Cloud was ending and i use it and stayed with BT because i got this as part of my package rather than moving to a cheaper alternative, where do i stand with cancellation
Message 95 of 215

it is free, it is part of the package and included as part of your subscription, maybe challenge it with citizens advice or the ofcom
Message 96 of 215

Call me a luddite but I've resisted storing ANYTHING in the Cloud, no matter who supplies the service. You're always subject to companies shutting down their cloud service and no compamy is immune from hacking either.
Portable hard drives are so cheap now it's much better to store valuable photos and the like on these - preferably duplicated onto 2 hard drives kept separately in case of HD failure. It's a matter of moments to download files from your devices to the hard drives and, with suitable software, you download only what is new in each folder you synchronise.
0 Ratings
Message 97 of 215

When you recently renewed with BT did your new contract list BTCloud ? When i renewed mine recently it did not list it. I rang 150 and they confirmed that I qualifed for the cloud and said they could not see any reason why I should loose it, the following week the emails started going out informing us about BTcloud was closing. I honestly think 150 did not know about it would be closing but as it was not included in writing in my new contact and i was only told verbally, so if i cancelled I would get a hefty bill. See on this site my thread "BT Cloud no longer in My Products after renewing contract."

0 Ratings
Message 98 of 215

Bodgeit1_0-1722522077746.png

this is now on my account

Message 99 of 215

and i am on the cloud home page and no mention of it closing at all
0 Ratings
Message 100 of 215

BT are in the process of sending out emails to users informing them that it is closing

BT Cloud.JPG

0 Ratings