cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Cloud app not working on Android 11

Go to solution

Having upgraded my phone to a Motorola g50 I reinstalled the BT Cloud app which had been working on my previous Motorola g5 and am getting some funny results.

Having setup the backup that appears to be completing, but the app doesn't get past the stage of cloud performance optimization initialisation. 

Having left the app running it appears to be using local storage, but very little if any network bandwidth. I then get the message that the app cannot run in offline mode. Once I've received this message it's then possible to move around the app menu, but no files are visible and in some cases I get the message about cloud performance optimization again.

App version is what's in the play store - 21.6.77 

Android version is 11 with security updates to January 2022.

Can someone please confirm if this is a known problem and if so if a fix is being worked on or if there is anything I can try.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Cloud app not working on Android 11

Go to solution

Hi @dmcvann, thanks for your post and sorry that you're having this issue.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi, did your problem get resolved as mine also has stopped backing up photos since Feb now.  Noticed last backup was on 31st January 2022. I have App version 21.6.77. Have checked setting, everything ticked for backup.  only 7% of space used so I know it is not space issue. Have also uninstalled and re-installed App but still not backing up the latest photos and Videos.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Adave,

Not yet 

I've been informed that BT have escalated the problem to their level 2 support team 

I'll post here when I hear from them.

Regards

Darrell.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Contacted by BT and asked to put the application into diagnostics mode as follows:

1.       Open the BT Cloud app

2.       Click on the Menu Icon (it looks like 3 horizontal lines)

3.       Click the Settings Cog

4.       Go to About > App version

5.       Tap the Synchronoss logo three times

6.       Run the backup again - if it fails go back to Settings

7.       Click Send Logs

8.       Click on your e-mail client

9.       Change email address to email.support@bt.com​

It took about 12 hours for the application to get past the message about cloud performance optimization, but once it had I was able to access the settings menu and complete this process.

While for some reason I was unable to send the logs (their size I believe) this did resolve the problem and the application started working normally. 

If anyone else has similar issues I'd suggest trying this first 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@dmcvann wrote:

Contacted by BT and asked to put the application into diagnostics mode as follows:

1.       Open the BT Cloud app

2.       Click on the Menu Icon (it looks like 3 horizontal lines)

3.       Click the Settings Cog

4.       Go to About > App version

5.       Tap the Synchronoss logo three times

6.       Run the backup again - if it fails go back to Settings

7.       Click Send Logs

8.       Click on your e-mail client

9.       Change email address to email.support@bt.com​

It took about 12 hours for the application to get past the message about cloud performance optimization, but once it had I was able to access the settings menu and complete this process.

While for some reason I was unable to send the logs (their size I believe) this did resolve the problem and the application started working normally. 

If anyone else has similar issues I'd suggest trying this first 

Hi @dmcvann

Thanks for posting back.

It was me who you were in touch with from here originally and I passed you over to our Tier 2 team for further support.  Again, a MASSIVE thanks for coming back on to let the Community know the solution to the problem you were having 😊

Enjoy the rest of your day.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings