cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 4 of 237

BT Cloud is closing

From 31 October 2024, our BT Cloud will close, and all information will be deleted. 

We’ll start reaching out to customers to let them know that the BT Cloud is closing and advise them to download/move their data. 

From 9 September the BT Cloud will become read-only.

Content will still be viewable, and available to download, but you won’t be able to upload anything new. 

If you pay for additional storage, you won’t be charged from 9 September 2024. 

Download your files from BT Cloud

We recommend using the BT Cloud Desktop Client for Windows or Mac to download your data.

Click here for help with downloading your files

Labels (1)
0 Ratings
236 REPLIES 236
Message 1 of 237

BT Cloud no longer in My Products after renewing contract.

Hi, I have just renewed my BT Broadband contract but I am concerned that my BT Cloud is no longer listed under my products in My BT, which it was in my last contract.

I spoke with 150 and after some deliberation I was informed that as long as I have a BT broadband package I will keep my BT Cloud.  The only way to "test" this is to wait the 30 day post contract period and see if it gets deleted, which would be disaterous. Therefore  I am  asking if this has happend to anyone else and that if so it has not ended in tears ? Many Thanks...

Message 2 of 237

Re: BT Cloud no longer in My Products after renewing contract.

I've renewed fairly recently. For me, BT Cloud is not listed directly under "Your products". However if I click on "Manage" under the '"Broadband" product, BT Cloud is listed there along with the other extras such as password manager and virus protect.

Message 3 of 237

BT cloud closing.

Got this today:
Hello,

Our BT Cloud service is ending. Unfortunately, this means your BT Cloud account will be closing alongside it too.

It also means, that if you want to keep your data, you’ll need to move it to a new platform. Don’t worry, you have until 31st October to do this.

From 31st October, the service will close, and all information will be deleted.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

BT Cloud will become read-only in September

From 9th September, the BT Cloud platform will become a “read-only” service. This means you won’t be able to upload anything new from then. But you’ll still be able to view and download the data you have in there already.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 237

Re: BT Cloud is closing

I just got this message - I've got  800GB data backed up on the BT Cloud  -  which is going to be deleted  in 3 months time !!!    Thanks a lot, BT.   

I was sold the cloud storage as a benefint of the Halo package.  No mention of a price reduction!!!   

So what else is going - no emails ? No  Antivirus subscription ?    

Great to be a valued customer i'm sure

Message 6 of 237

Re: BT cloud closing.

Is this for just "new" customers or "current" customers using cloud?   online chat and phone support seem to say it only effect "new".  existing are not affected if in contract?

Can some clarity be posted, as email does not say new / existing 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 237

@JordanTA  said it affects all customers, it has not been available to new customers for some time now, so if you have a lot of data stored, now is a good time to move it off the service.

Message 8 of 237

Re: BT Cloud is closing

I've had the same. I fully use the entire 1TB and it was something keeping me with BT as a nice little perk. The decision to move to another ISP when my contract expires (in Oct as it happens) has been made somewhat easier. Their excuse for removing it has rediculous. 

"Cloud-based technology has rapidly developed since we launched BT Cloud. Today, more people are using alternate providers. Unfortunately, because fewer people are now using BT Cloud, we've made the choice to close to the service."

Message 9 of 237

It was available just over a month ago, when I re-contracted. One of the main reasons I stayed with BT.

Also feel this is breach of contact, as will no longer get the service I contracted for!
Someone (over phone) said, it's free so no breach, but no where does it say "free" it is showed as "part" of the Broadband account.  And as such is taken into account when joining or re-contracting 

Message 10 of 237

The reason given makes no sense as the reason less people are using it is because they closed it to new customers in 2022.

I’ve checked and you can’t cancel your account early as the Cloud was free. Only reason i renewed was because of BT Cloud.