cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 237

Re: BT cloud closing.

Think if anyone has issues, the first course of action should be a formal complaint to BT details the issue and concerns.  They then have a right of reply and from that you can decide how you'll act.

I have send my complain direct to CEO, and had reply stating it was being looked at, as talking to the online & phone support got no where, as they did not even know it was closing, in fact online chat told me as I was in contract I would not be affected!

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 237

Agreed. The obvious first course of action is a complaint to BT stating that this change is materially significant and asking to be removed from contract obligations. Next step would be a complaint to Ofcom and/or Trading Standards citing the appropriate part of the T&Cs to be “unfair”. Recourse to the legal system would only be necessary if BT levied a charge for contract cessation.

I’m sure BT think they are in the right but guess what - companies, lawyers, and governments have been known to be wrong about these things.

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 237

So it’s not breach of contract - you simply want to be allowed to exit your contract without penalty.

I personally think their T’s and C’s are pretty clear and this is all a storm in a tea cup - but if you’re really that annoyed by it then good luck with your complaint. I can’t imagine this service has many users so BT won’t be too worried about a few complaints - to be fair everyone I know uses iCloud, MS365 or Google Cloud these days…

Roger 

0 Ratings
Message 54 of 237

How much is BT Broadband without Cloud?

Same price.

Thats a pretty decent definition of Free…

Roger 

0 Ratings
Message 55 of 237

Perhaps you should ask how much is BT Cloud without BT Broadband.

That's a pretty decent definition of not free....

Message 56 of 237

@ianjack wrote:

Perhaps you should ask how much is BT Cloud without BT Broadband.

That's a pretty decent definition of not free....

If you took out BTBroadband and wanted BTCloud you could use it for free. It is not sold as a stand alone product because it was exclusively given for free to BT Broadband customers .

It is now no longer available to new BT Broadband customers and they do not receive any deduction in price.

That is a pretty decent definition of free.

0 Ratings
Message 57 of 237

@

"Free" as long as you pay for BT Broadband. That may be your definition of free, but it's not mine.

0 Ratings
Message 58 of 237

@ianjack wrote:

@

"Free" as long as you pay for BT Broadband. That may be your definition of free, but it's not mine.

Well I guess we will soon find out when you raise your Claim with the Small Claims Court or Ofcom or whoever else you have mentioned.

Message 59 of 237

@David500 

You got 200GB with broadband which was increased to 1TB with Halo.

I don't know anything about h***.  But the upgrade to 1TB came along with the upgrade from Fibre 1 to Fibre 2. That was the deal, faster speeds and more storage. The increase in upload speed in particular was dramatic so the 1000GB made more sense alongside it.

0 Ratings
Message 60 of 237

Whether or not it was "free" in a legal sense,  it was clearly included as part of the Halo package

It will cost me to replace it with equivalent backup storage from a cloud supplier.

So BT is making me spend money I didnt expect to when I signed their contract.

Pretty despicable really.  At the very least, they could have softened it by saying "we have negotiated special terms for you with xxxxx".

Sadly, I dont think "customer care" comes too high in their priorities here.