cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 215

Re: BT Cloud no longer in My Products after renewing contract.

Of course I'm aware of the imminent demise of BT Cloud. Anyway, this is what I see at the bottom of the "Your Products" page, just above the help section. I suspect the email might be next to go.
2024-07-18 at 10-13-05 Your products My BT.png

0 Ratings
Message 62 of 215

Re: BT cloud closing.

I had a broadband service with BT Cloud, the contract ended and I signed up for a new contract. Then my BT Cloud was terminated because they said the contract did not include it. I complained and was told i could have BT Cloud only if I signed up to a service for £2 a month more. So the cost built in to their prices was £2 a month. Since then, there have been two excessive price increases or CPI plus 3.9%, contributing to the cost of living crisis. With BT Cloud closing down, we should all be getting a lower price for the remainder of our contracts. BT are behaving without integrity.  

Message 63 of 215

Re: BT Cloud is closing

The introduction of BT Cloud was a carrot to attract customers to buy BT Broadband Services. BT’s core business focus has now shifted looking like it is off loading internet and mobile to EE. They seem to do this every time they get a “new broom“ in the senior management. Ie BTmobile went to O2 mobile then back to BTmobile now looking like it will soon be EE.

BT Cloud worked as a marketing strategy when BT wanted it to, keeping customers like me loyal, re-contracting each year and usually paying above the odds for a internet service just to keep the BT Cloud.

I have now purchased a 2TB Mycloud home server and have an independent service with no monthly costs. I feel somewhat relieved now that I can take advantage of other internet provider’s services special offers.

So Thanks BT for releasing me from the “commitment” to BTcloud and subsequent dilemma of shall I leave Bt and take advantage of the offers from other providers or stick with BT, pay over the odds but keep my BTCloud.

Every Cloud has a silver lining ..... so to speak !

Message 64 of 215

Yes it seems to me it is equivalent to a cost increase. As one element of the service being paid for will no longer be available.
0 Ratings
Message 65 of 215

I suspect the service will make a magical return except it will not be free anymore.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 66 of 215

This is an  unacceptable loss of service for most Broadband users, particularly those of us who have been loyal BT customers and have paid for what is a premium service. Transferring data from BT to an alternative provider will have a financial cost associated with it. Will we see a reduction in the BT (EE) broadband charges? Probably not I dare say. Roll-on our renewal date.

Message 67 of 215

I complained to BT. Got nowhere. They have guaranteed that I'll be leaving at the end of my contract. Saddling me with £50 a year for an alternative file back-up provider but continuing to charge the same and claiming it was a complimentary service shows the same lack of integrity at the top of the organisation as the CPI plus 3% price increases that the regulators finally put a stop to. 

0 Ratings
Message 68 of 215

Renewed about 2 weeks ago, have masses of BT Cloud files. I ask about using BT Mobile instead of EE for my wifes mobile as I am with BT, Seems BT is no longer accepting new mobile customers now. While killing off our cloud storage.

So, they put their prices up then add 3.9% for good measure and then reduce what they offer in their contracts, so pay a lot more then get a lot less!

Disgusting, get less so you should pay less.

I wonder what's their next money making tricks will be? Maybe EE will now offer cloud storage at a price?

Makes my blood boil being ripped off by these con men.

The questions only easy if you already know the answer
0 Ratings
Message 69 of 215

Apple gave me free storage - and then introduced pricing. They then put the prices up and changed the tiers. It’s life, it happens. I have a choice not to use Apple. 

Stop this nonsense on here about breach of contract and that you’ve been paying for BT Cloud… you haven’t been! 

BT will be paying their supplier for this service - in essence losing money - not something many businesses do, not a great business model.

Just move your data and then use one of the services that 99% of people already use …

Message 70 of 215

I still have over a year left to run on my contract and the cloud was one of the reasons I decided to stay with BT. Am I within my rights to cancel now that BT are no longer providing the service I signed up for?

0 Ratings