cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 71 of 258

Re: BT Cloud is closing

@Techlover wrote:

I still have over a year left to run on my contract and the cloud was one of the reasons I decided to stay with BT. Am I within my rights to cancel now that BT are no longer providing the service I signed up for?

Yes you can cancel your contract any time you want but expect to pay early cancellation fees.

0 Ratings
Message 72 of 258

This question has been asked a lot.

The consensus is no, as it’s not part of your core services and it’s not been offered to new customers since October 2022. 

No other internet providers are giving free cloud storage from what I can see - so probably best focussing your efforts on moving your data to a new provider (some of the big companies do give free storage quotas - useful if you don’t have too much stored). 

BT internet for me has never failed - always been reliable - so be careful what you wish for if you go with other providers - I’ve heard many horror stories about customer service and overall service from some of the other big players.

Message 73 of 258

BT will be paying their supplier for this service - in essence losing money - not something many businesses do, not a great business model.

BT is not foolish enough to simply lose money on providing the service. They either recoup the cost in charges to customers or stop providing the service.

Not uncoincidentally, recently I renewed my broadband service and the cost was dramatically lower than the previous contract. So probably in general, lower prices will trickle through to customers.

Though many are locked in to much higher cost packages and in that case the choice would seem to be to switch to another provider, even if just for a limited time, though exit charges need to be considered too.

Message 74 of 258

Dear Sir/Madam,

With reference to the email i received this morning I personally think this isn't an acceptable timescale to just inform us that you are closing BT Cloud service in October.

I have had been BT customer for over 37 years and been using BT cloud since it started. I load all my photos and videos on this platform and have been very happy with the service, and feel very stressed that all my memories will be deleted if i don't get time to download by this date. I have a hugh amount of photos and videos to do!

I really not sure that I will be able to get all my photos videos moved over to another platform by this date, due to summer holidays and work and Carer commitments and think you should have at least given us at least 6 months notice - December 2024.

I feel let down by BT and really going to be stressed having to do this with such a short timescale with other commitments.

I have been a BT customer for over 36 years with you and definitely will be taking my custom to another supplier once bt cloud goes. This was one of the reasons i stayed loyal because of BT Cloud and will be taking my business somewhere else in the future.

If you are not correct person I'm really sorry to have troubled you but could you forward to correct email address and inform me as well. Unfortunately its really hard to find any emails address to complain to regarding this. I hope you consider giving a bigger timescale for all your loyal BT customers.

Also can you tell me how to download all my video and photos quickly.
Message 75 of 258

@beauchief 

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts.

There is no email address for complaints. You need to call BT 0330.1234.150 to make a complaint or write to

BT plc
PO Box 334
Sheffield S98 1BT 

Message 76 of 258

The email to send complaints to is

consumer-resolutions at bt.com

Message 77 of 258

Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 78 of 258

I use BT Cloud storage as duplicate for local backup: so is there a way to move my 702GB direct to (say) Microsoft OneDrive. Going via my 5Mbps upstream would take two weeks - and makes netflix/iplayer etc unusable.

Even if the copy were possible, I suspect the new cloud wouldn't sync with the original files without copying everything again.

I looked at Mover.io - but of course they don't mention BT Cloud as it is indeed uncommon.

So I think the solutions for me involve being on an exchange with plans for FTTP. No sign of this yet.

Alternatively a copy client that has a time of day policer, not sure this is possible on Windows but I have done something similar on Linux with 'tc'.

0 Ratings
Message 79 of 258

Re: BT Cloud is no longer available

Now that BT is going to shut down BT Cloud on 31st October, I am expecting a significant reduction in my bills.

Message 80 of 258

Re: BT Cloud is no longer available

@dhedwards 

This has been covered here  https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/BT-Cloud-is-closing/m-p/2394468

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings