cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 131 of 234

Re: BT Cloud is closing

The main thing that attracted me to take up the Halo package was the 1TB of free cloud storage. I have dozens of wedding photo albums stored there and many clients using public links - what to do??

BT Cloud has been troubled by bugs and poor user interface through all its versions, but even so I have stayed with it and it works for me. I am more hhab disappointed that BT hasn't been able to keep up with advan es in cloud technology and offer a replacement cloud service that can compete with other services. Our 1TB is not exactly free as it came as part of a paid package - which we will still be paying for after the service ends!!

Message 132 of 234

Re: BT cloud closing.

I only got the 'free' 1TB of cloud storage after paying for the halo package - the main reason I went for halo! I will still be paying for halo after the cloud service has ended - why is there no compensation?

Message 133 of 234

The main thing that attracted me to take up the Halo package was the 1TB of free cloud storage. I have dozens of wedding photo albums stored there and many clients using public links - what to do??

Message 134 of 234

The important point for BT to note that many customers considered the cloud service a differentiator. There are are plenty of other provides who don’t offer cloud storage. Their treatment of loyal customers won’t be forgotten at contract renewal.
Message 135 of 234

Re: BT cloud closing.

Thank you John C2 That looks far less intimidating than the information BT put up. (Not done it yet but fingers crossed all will come across to my eternal drive when I do.
0 Ratings
Message 136 of 234

Re: BT Cloud is no longer available

Using a pair of duplicate 1TB external drives is easy and safe enough for most purposes - but you can't access them from anywhere in the world or give people a public link to share files!
(I upload wedding proof photos to BT Cloud and send people a link for them to select photos. No one offers 1TB of free cloud storage, so that will be another cost to pass on to my customers!!)

0 Ratings
Message 137 of 234

@RichardMPerry wrote:

Using a pair of duplicate 1TB external drives is easy and safe enough for most purposes - but you can't access them from anywhere in the world or give people a public link to share files!
(I upload wedding proof photos to BT Cloud and send people a link for them to select photos. No one offers 1TB of free cloud storage, so that will be another cost to pass on to my customers!!)

Other than saying I don't use BTCloud and I don't agree with what BT are doing regarding closing BTCloud , and while this is now academic in any event,  I take it that never read the T&Cs regarding the termination of the service as per Part 12 (a)  and regarding your Photographic business, Part 7 (a) which states "the service is just for you and your household for 'personal use' (meaning that it should not be used for any trade, business or profession".

BT Cloud Service Terms

As regards giving access to an external drive this can be done either by using a proper NAS drive and its software or by other methods that you can easily find with an Internet search.

0 Ratings
Message 138 of 234

BT never put conditions on the public link facility.

I have already set up a network attached storage, using duplicate 1TB drives - but it wasn't free!

Message 139 of 234

@RichardMPerry wrote:

BT never put conditions on the public link facility.

I have already set up a network attached storage, using duplicate 1TB drives - but it wasn't free!

Is the "public link" not part of/to the service which you were using for your business.

0 Ratings
Message 140 of 234

…. A local backup is the most convenient 1st line of defence but doesn’t protect from fire or theft.  If you can hold a further backup at a relative’s house then that would be ideal.  However if you want others to access your photos etc then cloud storage is necessary.  I’ve now started using iDrive

0 Ratings