cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 121 of 215

Re: BT ICloud closing down

Why not copy them over to the iPad in stages, then copy them to the Apple cloud, then delete them from you iPad ready for the next tranche to be copied from the BT cloud?
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 122 of 215

Re: BT Cloud is closing

GG,

iCloud is your best option. I am an iMac/Photos user and unless the IOS version of Photos is very different, you may find an option to 'Optimize' storage on your iPad, with full copies being sent automatically to the iCloud storage.  

Apple have made this very easy, so I doing think you will struggle after setting up a reasonable storage plan, perhaps 200Gb being worth considering.

Suggest you look at the iPad  & Photos videos on YouTube for 'how to' guidance.

I also have a desktop HDD for back ups too. 

Good luck.  

0 Ratings
Message 123 of 215

@Anonymous 

If by posting to GG you mean me, I already have the best solution for my needs and it does not include BTCloud.

I was posting the information for those that may not have any idea what is available.

They also like me may not be Apple users so the additional information gives them options as does your info which may be of use to Apple users.

0 Ratings
Message 124 of 215

Re: BT cloud closing.

Hi @mdwheeler1, did you activate the BT Cloud service and store any files on it? 
If you did then when did you last access your Cloud account?

Are you a BT broadband customer?
Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 125 of 215

Hi @Marg0105, did you check the instructions on how to download your files on the first post on this thread?

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/BT-Cloud-is-closing/td-p/2394468BT Cloud i... has a link for instructions on how to download your files.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 126 of 215

Hello @John C2 Moderator

I read it,  but quite frankly I found it difficult to understand.

I appreciate it's been written to cover everyone's needs and needs to be comprehensive but it's too complicated for me 

I am not a confident user of upload/download this that & the other. I (mistakenly) relied on the previously good reputation of BT to look after its customers and have everything on my PC backed up safely in case of disasters.

I already have a BT cloud App on my desktop - do I need to add something else to be able to download all the stored data to a separate back up location? 

Thank you

Marg0105

0 Ratings
Message 127 of 215

Hi @Marg0105, thanks for posting back. I’ve had a look to provide you with more information that will hopefully help you. The screen shots may show a different version of Cloud but the procedure is the same.

On the web login to the Cloud with your BTID.

Once the file has been downloaded, this will be located in you own download folder on your computer/laptop

Hope this helps.

Cheers

John

Message 128 of 215

Re: BT cloud closing. Has this been challenged?

I received no email and have just got the letter.

I can't say I've read the entire thread but has anyone complained to the CEO? And I just see assertions that this action doesn't allow one to leave free of charge as BT has broken the contract. Has anyone challenged this?

0 Ratings
Message 129 of 215

Re: BT cloud closing. Has this been challenged?

@bobdanbh wrote:

I received no email and have just got the letter.

I can't say I've read the entire thread but has anyone complained to the CEO? And I just see assertions that this action doesn't allow one to leave free of charge as BT has broken the contract. Has anyone challenged this?

In which case read the whole thread and you will find the answer!

Message 130 of 215

Absolutely disgusting from BT announcing the closure of its BT Cloud service.

I, like many, have thousands of files and photos stored on it for safe keeping and now this. Annoyed and angry, but I've a few harsher choice words I dare not type.

We are now being forced to find a paid for cloud service for those that have over the free limit.

I for one will now download onto a large external storage device.

Thanks again BT. Hold your heads in shame!

0 Ratings