cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 141 of 234

Re: BT Cloud is no longer available

"should not" is different from "must not".

0 Ratings
Message 142 of 234

@bobdanbh 

You should , no you must read all the T&Cs before posting and in particular Section 12 and sub section xii.

0 Ratings
Message 143 of 234

IMO these comments on the t&c’s aren’t the issue.  It’s the reasonableness of closing a service that many customers have become reliant upon that is the issue.  I understand that BT might put in such a notice clause to protect themselves.  Instigating it is another matter.  I can’t believe that this wasn’t long planned.  BT should have given more notice.

Those that think 1 months notice is fair because it’s in the T&C’s are of course entitled to their opinion.  I personally think it’s shoddy behaviour from arguably the largest broadband provider in the country.

Message 144 of 234

To be fair we must have got an idea that things were afoot perhaps a year or so ago when it was no longer being offered to new broadband customers.

I’m surprised it’s lasted this long given the hammering it got when an update or two went awry and this forum was less than favourable towards it.

Personally I wish it would stay - it seems to work well now across multiple platforms. And would even pay  a monthly charge for the facility.

But clearly BT feels it’s no longer worth their trouble supporting it.

Just wondering…Did those who renewed their contracts specifically ask if BTCloud would be available throughout?

If so, wouldn’t there be a recording / email trail of the conversation somewhere? 
I’d imagine people were just pointed to the T&Cs. And like most of us - as one or two experts have said here - may not have read them.. 

Hey Ho. At least we can rely on the good old phone service… oh hang on, that’s changing too. I’m now expected to provide my own electric to work it!!  😁Progress eh?

0 Ratings
Message 145 of 234

To be fair we must have got an idea that things were afoot perhaps a year or so ago when it was no longer being offered to new broadband customers.

I don't know about others but, when in the middle of a contract, I don't check the BT website regularly to see what they are offering. It only matters to me come contract-renewal time.

Message 146 of 234

I've now moved all my files, videos and photos to an alternative provider.  I guess I should reluctantly thank BT in forcing to review what other cloud services are out there.  I choose iDrive as I can now easily back up not only the data on my iMac but also connected external hard drives as well as iPhone / iPad photos and the contents of my NAS.  More than 4Tb of data for less than £10 a month (cheaper in year 1).  

My question is having migrated the data how do I best cleanly remove the BT Cloud app. I've logged out of the app but now I keep getting a BT Cloud setup screen which I can only remove by going into system activity and stopping the application. There is no uninstall option so I could just drag and drop to the bin?  I just don't want to end up with corrupt files that cause future bugs.

Has anyone any experience?

0 Ratings
Message 147 of 234

Re: BT Cloud is closing

Hello Jordan

As part of your "reaching out" can you advise how we can keep the connection active to actually facilitate download of data?

Despite having a 1Gbps connection BTCloud times out before the download completes.

0 Ratings
Message 148 of 234

Re: BT cloud closing.

In my experience they won't bother responding and will be found against as default, so worth a punt.
0 Ratings
Message 149 of 234

Hi @GDog2 

Sorry about that. How big is the data/file you're trying to download? If several files it may be worth downloading files separately. I'll take it away to our project team and ask the question around Cloud timing out though. 

How are you connected? WiFi or ethernet? and are you using the desktop app to download? as the desktop app doesnt time out, if it stops it will resume. 

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 150 of 234

290GB - basically all the files on there as there doesn't seem to be an easy way to move or copy over to OneDrive directly. Trying again in the app, a folder at a time. Fingers crossed.

WiFi - my connection is not the issue.

Desktop - on the App Ihave told it to sync all files but it doesn't. Only 28GB

Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 12.15.58.pngScreenshot 2024-08-12 at 12.16.23.png

0 Ratings