cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 201 of 234

Re: BT Cloud is no longer available

@staker I think the way forward now is to lodge a formal complaint to BT.

0 Ratings
Message 202 of 234

I done this by emailing the CEO Alison Kirby, to which I received a call this week from her department to vent my 'disappointment'.

I was chatting to them for just over 30 minutes.

They still insist that BT Cloud is/was a free service to which I said would I be getting a refund seeing as it being a free service, its has to be paid for to remain free from subscribers payments!

I did also mention the huge amount of problems customers are having with downloading all our stuff from BT cloud, to be told that if we have any problems to contact their technical department haha!

I was advised to look at other cloud storage services like One Drive etc, but I said I'd then have to pay for it on top of my BT contract if I want more storage than they offer for free, so more money to pay out. They just don't understand or want to understand.

They said that when BT contracts come up for renewal next year, they will strongly encourage us to take EE Broadband. I said the next thing to go will be BT email and that BT want rid of domestic customers to concentrate purely on the business side and openreach.

So, in closing, I have made my formal complaint via the department of the CEO and have been given detail of how I can contact them direct if I need.

Message 203 of 234

I think that we as “Valued customers” are no longer needed by large firms. I have a similar experience with my energy supplier who is literally harassing me to get a Smart meter which has no benefit to me whatsoever. If BT drop email then there is no need to stay with them.

0 Ratings
Message 204 of 234

My energy supplier is exactly the same in keep pushing me to take a smart meter. 

I said if they keep on, then I'll take my business somewhere else.

I've not heard about a smart meter since

0 Ratings
Message 205 of 234

@Bigron58 

Thanks will try that approach.

0 Ratings
Message 206 of 234

To @drifter 

I took your advice and I've had unbroken service since midday.   

Thanks for the nudge because I probably wouldn't have gone down the formal complaint route otherwise.

0 Ratings
Message 207 of 234

@Bigron58  Whatever you do, do not go to Microsoft One Drive. I also emailed the CEO's office and 'Marie' called me back a wkile ago to discuss this so called technical department. Yes, haha! Nothing has changed and I fear it will only get worse with latest BT missive informaing me of move from voicemail service on my my mobile phone beiing transfered to EE

0 Ratings
Message 208 of 234

Surely many more customers have contacted BT than just us on this forum. I'd like to think so.

I'm loathed to use any other cloud service due to cost, as anything given free doesn't have enough storage for the amount that I have/had on BT cloud.

• I have taken delivery of 2TB external storage device and painstakingly downloaded over 131gb from BT cloud to it. Weather I was doing something wrong (and maybe some can put be right) I don't know, but I couldn't find how to download straight to the device without having to 'unzip' the downloaded folder first to my hard drive and then transfer to my external storage.

When I tried to download the 'zipped' folders, they were empty after unzipping.

0 Ratings
Message 209 of 234

@Bigron58wrote:

When I tried to download the 'zipped' folders, they were empty after unzipping.

The problem of downloaded sub-directories being empty was reported several times on this forum, at least three years ago. 

A moderately competent coder should have been able to fix and test it in a couple of hours, but BT failed to so.

0 Ratings
Message 210 of 234

Re: BT Cloud is closing

I just complained to BT and agreed to a reduction in my monthly broadband subscription as compensation for loss of amenity.  This is my reasonable expectation.  Of course they don't want to do this, so you have a push, but not very hard.

BTs first line of defence is that BT Cloud was a free add-on that was never charged for.  This is completely disingenuous.  BT Cloud was a material part of the broadband package offer made by BT and formed part of my purchase decision.  BTs messaging has changed in light of withdrawing the service to dissuade complaints.

It is completely unreasonable to remove this service without either allowing early exit or compensating for the loss of amenity.

Those that think there is no purpose in complaining, can tread their own path.

Fundamentally, BT Cloud was a pig to use compared to other cloud storage services - but it was included, so I used it and expect to be compensated if the service is removed - which they have done.